Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Meet Local Musicians (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792)

cubis 02-04-2009 05:09 PM

looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas

ok, for one of my classes, Audio Technology II, our assignment for the semester is to record 4 projects in the basement recording studio on campus.

we have Protools 7 (getting 8 soon), with the Waves Native Plugins [Gold Package], as well as autotune and amplitube le. we'll be getting many more plugins soon. we have a decent selection of microphones to suit pretty much every need. there is a studio piano. you would need to bring your guitars/basses/drums/etc but we have plenty of inputs, enough to record the whole band at once (which is probably not advisable for a better recording)

if you have a band or an idea for a recording project - a song or a jingle or whatever, please let me know here

This is absolutely free, but you have to realize I'm still learning. I get a grade out of this, you get a recording. good deal i say

crazy_guitar_man 02-04-2009 09:36 PM

Re: looking for a place to record FREE? San Antonio, Texas

haha wow this is a good deal i wish i lived in texas

cubis 02-05-2009 04:27 AM

yeah so far i have one "maybe, but i'm really serious about it", one "maybe, but i don't know how i'll get there" and one I haven't asked officially yet.

crazy_guitar_man 02-05-2009 07:28 AM

haha if i had a lot of money i might have been getting on the airplane haha but since i dont i guess i won't be able to :frown: ....well i hope you find some people.

cubis 02-05-2009 03:39 PM

if you had the money for a plane you could probably just use that money for a studio session nearer to home lol

crazy_guitar_man 02-05-2009 05:43 PM

well yeah thats true haha well i guess what i should say is if i had a lot of money i would help you out for a grade haha :2thumbups:

cubis 02-05-2009 11:33 PM

lol, why thanks for the gesture!

crazy_guitar_man 02-06-2009 12:25 AM

well i try to be a nice guy haha it's all in a days work :w:

cubis 02-06-2009 01:21 AM

yay i get to go down to the studio again tomorrow... hopefully after today he's going to let us sign up for studio time - all night sessions after 9pm! :jumpgrin:

crazy_guitar_man 02-06-2009 01:36 AM

haha sweet what is your major..im sry if you already said it i forget haha