Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Besides music what else do you all like... (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249)

torgeot 03-09-2008 01:38 PM

Re: Besides music what else do you all like...

I have 2 kids so they are the most fun.
I make my own beer, that's fun. I've won a couple of awards for it too
Build models (figure models, mostly barely clothed chicks) airbrush them etc...
play softball and hockey.

floydmoline 03-10-2008 01:47 PM

ooooohh i brew as well that is great..... i currently have a rather malty porter on tap, that i don't really care for lol, i want to find a decent lager recipie...... currently my fermenter is being occupied by a fox grape wine for my folks.

torgeot 03-11-2008 12:07 PM

I have an IPA and a Barley Wine on tap right now. Been slacking off, in a new band has been requiring a lot of my time.

floydmoline 03-11-2008 03:44 PM

i'm in a new band too, but they take up almost none of my time....... they are a bunch of slackers heh..... i want to practice daily and work on new shit...... but appearantly life and jobs are more important than dreams..... jeez some people lol

Monster 03-12-2008 06:38 PM

congrats on you both with the new bands....

Brian Krashpad 04-07-2008 07:24 AM

Hmm, besides music, I like beer, soccer, college football (not as interested in pros), movies (though I don't see as many as I'd like), and I used to do some "music journalism," mainly reviews of live shows or records. I guess the last bit is music too, but not in a playing sense. I like going camping with my son, but it's not so much the camping itself, as it is a chance to spend time with him. He's in Scouting so I have plenty of opportunities.

characterzero 04-15-2008 06:24 PM

For stuff outside of music, I like hiking, kayaking, and writing (a bit). Above all I really like traveling, and I'm lucky enough to be going to London soon! I also am planning on some road trips this summer, but music will be a major part of those (i.e. going to concerts). I also like cooking a little bit.

Servant 04-16-2008 12:21 PM

Computers. Love em and hate em all day long. :sweet:

Monster 04-16-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant
Computers. Love em and hate em all day long. :sweet:

that is so true.... about computers...

characterzero 04-16-2008 05:08 PM

^ Oh yeah. Computer stuff falls under the interests category for me I guess (although I mostly use mine for music related things).