Gear-Monkey Guitar Community

Gear-Monkey Guitar Community (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amps (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Monster Factory Amplification (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221)

senor_penguin 02-20-2008 07:45 PM

Re: Monster Factory Amplification

wow. teh bt00talz from monsters. too bad they're 2 grand lol

jackal 02-20-2008 10:46 PM

Yeah i want to buy one too, i'm acctually working out a deal, hopefully within the year i my have a custom amp..
# grand in total for a good tube amp i think is about normal... I paid 3200.00 for my mesa stack

MrSandMan 02-21-2008 12:10 AM

I emailed Hoyt and invited him to join us on the boards. :)

senor_penguin 02-21-2008 07:43 PM

^ nice!!! would be a great and knowledgeable member

jackal 02-21-2008 09:21 PM

oh yeah, he would.. you can't tell he knows what he's doing, not only because he makes amps, but just how he speaks about his work, very informative..

You don't get many chances to talk to someone who makes the amps right??

has anyone spoke to jim marshall lately? LOL

Monster Factory 02-23-2008 02:44 AM

Hello all. Cool thread, by the way, and thanks for the invite! It'll take me a while to really check the place out.

Hoyt

jackal 02-24-2008 12:41 PM

Welcome Hoyt, glad you could join us and be a part of helping people get the right information about music equipment..
by the way thanx for all the help and info you gave me about your amps.. very helpfull.

:2thumbups:

JB

MrSandMan 02-24-2008 01:36 PM

Welcome to the boards Hoyt :sweet:

You're amps are sweet looking. Love the green touch. The monster sounds crisp. I can't wait to hear more clips
:2thumbups:

ww12 02-24-2008 01:41 PM

welcome to the site. Awesome amps :2thumbups:

Monster Factory 02-24-2008 05:50 PM

>...thanx for all the help and info you gave me about your amps.. very helpfull.

Not at all - it's just part of it. And I appreciate all the other comments, too. Since you guys don't have any problem speaking your minds, here's something you can help me with if you're interested:

I'm sketching out some scripting for youtube videos that will basically be demos of my amps. If it works out like I think, then I'll use those instead of sound clips/songs on the website. Generally, people don't really trust sound clips and they sure don't trust complete songs. We know that all kinds of tricky things can be done in the studio and the better your sample is, the less people want to trust that it wasn't doctored in some way. You can doctor the audio portion of video clips just as easily, but there's something to be said of seeing things, too, which brings me to the second reason for doing this: I want to be able to give people a visual introduction to these amps while they're hearing them.

All that's well and good, but what I'd really like to know is, what do today's players want to know? If you could tell an amp manufacturer to send you a video of a particular amp, what would you want highlighted? What would you want explained? What would you want to hear - more playing and less talk? I assure you, I will take your suggestions in the highest regard and you'll see that when these videos hit the web. I'll be ready to shoot these within two weeks, so I'll need any comments by then. Just post right here and I'll see them.

Thanks in advance!

Hoyt