PDA

View Full Version : Randall RM100KH Kirk Hammett Signature Guitar Amp

jackal
03-27-2009, 11:57 PM
ok I don't want to start a bashing thread - yes i know Kirk from metallica has a signature version of this amp - let it go this aint about metallica

I want to know if anyone has any personal experience playing one of these I really want to buy one but there are none around here right now
Tell all - Sound compared to say a mesa dual rect. and please be open minded, if you sleep with your JCM800 then don't post, lol!!

I hear that is is ver versitial and the mods that you can by are pretty close sounding to the original amps of course lacking a bit of warmth.

anyway tell all, thanks

oh i play death metal, so i don't care about the cleans- never use em

MrSandMan
03-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey Jackal!

I have not personally played this amp but I really like the youtube clips of it. It really does a good job. The-Tone-King (guy on youtube) does some really good demonstrations of the RM100.

Check out his RM100 vs JCM800 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUh3gI8rdJ0&feature=channel_page

And if you want to see more of his Randall videos, check him out on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/lmsjr

jackal
03-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah i like this vid - the randall has a bit more bottom end in the vid but sounds almost the same otherwise.
I got the chance to play the RM100KH - Kirk Hammett model - and I do have to say if i had the money i would buy it. It sounded great the Randall amps have come along way since i last used em in '02 . this line is worth trying out, and if you don't lie it just try different modules ;)

MrSandMan
03-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah and they have some really kick ass modules out on the market. I like the Fender Blackface, XTC and Mr. Scary.

Freakin badass!

Brian Krashpad
04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I always thought those modules were a great idea for tailoring an amp to the user's specs and taste. Don't think I've ever seen one of those amps in real life, much less heard one or been able to play one.

jackal
04-04-2009, 12:45 AM
I guess Michael Amott used the RM100 to recored the entire Arch Enemy - rise of the Tyrant Album - don't hold me to it, but i heard. It is possible i guess,. there are lot's of mods for the amp and being each one is tube makes me happy, and my ears now that i have heard it

MrSandMan
04-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Found this on youtube, its a nice video of the Randall RM100 in action. Metallica Orion cover! (nice playing too btw) :2thumbups:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S835ZIutgA

Brian Krashpad
04-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Is "Orion" the name of a Metallica song? I honestly don't know a thing about them.

MrSandMan
04-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Is "Orion" the name of a Metallica song? I honestly don't know a thing about them.

Yes, it's all-musical (no vocals) from Metallica's Master of puppets album.

Brian Krashpad
04-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks, that was what I was guessing. But in general I don't know jack about metal. At least anything past some 70's or early 80's metal.

I always LOVED the group UFO, though. Nowadays they'd probably be classified as hard rock rather than metal.

Juggernaut
04-11-2009, 08:44 PM
buy it, I've had 4 of them....... killer amps