PDA

View Full Version : If you could travel back in time to live in any decade what would it be?

Entrant_21
02-12-2009, 07:13 PM
For me it would have to be the 80's I love everything about it, the music, the clothes, the films, the amps, effects, all the gear. Everything was awesome then. I love life in these age and all about it but I always feel I belong in the 80s. It sounds crazy! lol

I'm only 17 so I never experienced the 80's :(

For years I have wished for it...

The only things that would keep me here (if I had the chance to leave) would be my familty, friends and my girlfriend

Anybody feel the same?

crazy_guitar_man
02-12-2009, 07:45 PM
i would definitly go for the 60s or 70s but yeah...you said you were from uk right??? have you ever heard marillion??? one of my favorite bands from england :biggrin:

Entrant_21
02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
i would definitly go for the 60s or 70s but yeah...you said you were from uk right??? have you ever heard marillion??? one of my favorite bands from england :biggrin:

Yup im from the UK! and thats actually so wierd I was just listening to Their song Kayleigh when I checked your post..I love that song! Theyre an awesome band! Definately up there in my favourites! :)

Brian Krashpad
02-12-2009, 07:59 PM
For me I would want to go back to the 70's. Even though I lived through them once, I was still in high school for most of them.

Would love to have been about 17 or 18 in about 1974 in the UK for the birth of their punk rock scene, or 19 or so about the same time period in NYC for the whole CBGB/Max's Kansas City scene. So, just a few years older than I actually was in real life, but in a different location.

From everything I've read, it was a much wilder time than what I experienced growing up, though that's probably a good thing for me.

If not in the punk rock era either in London or NYC, then there are a few other cool times I wouldn't mind checking out-- early 60's London and Liverpool for the British invasion (Beatles/Stones/Who/Kinks) , or late '50's Memphis for the Sun Records era, or late '60's Memphis for the Stax Records era. The '80's in Minneapolis (Replacements/Husker Du) or Athens (REM, B-52's, Love Tractor, Db's) would probably be cool too.

crazy_guitar_man
02-12-2009, 11:59 PM
yeah they are my dads favorite band and they rubbed off on me he will be going to a concert they will be having over here in montreal canada i believe, but yeah can you play any of their stuff??? i know easter, kayleigh, and some others

cubis
02-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I would have liked to be a young adult in the 60's or the 90's

MrSandMan
02-13-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure what decade I'd choose, probably the 70's. But I do miss my mullet from the 80s/90s. Told my wife that I was going to grow my mullet out again and she said no. :no:

crazy_guitar_man
02-13-2009, 06:08 PM
haha do it anyway...well you better listen or you will get a look like this :bringit:

Entrant_21
02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
yeah they are my dads favorite band and they rubbed off on me he will be going to a concert they will be having over here in montreal canada i believe, but yeah can you play any of their stuff??? i know easter, kayleigh, and some others

I'm quite new to them, just discovered them a few months ago so im getting round to learning some stuff :D
one of my favourite bands are a'a flock of seagulls' theyre fantastic. pure 80s techno pop!

I'm not sure what decade I'd choose, probably the 70's. But I do miss my mullet from the 80s/90s. Told my wife that I was going to grow my mullet out again and she said no. :no:
Mullets are much underused these days, they still look awesome (but its tinted by my 80s mind) best stay on the right side of the missus though, the dog house isn't that comfy (so I hear ;))

crazy_guitar_man
02-14-2009, 01:15 AM
yeah my dad has liked them a while now and the deal was i learn to play guitar i have to learn some marillion haha

Entrant_21
02-16-2009, 08:09 PM
haha! one of those 'alright I'll buy you a guitar...BUT you must learn some marillon'
One of my friends dad on occasion during random guitar get togethers used to just shout down the hall 'ANGUS, ANGUS' expecting some AC/DC riffs lol

crazy_guitar_man
02-16-2009, 11:23 PM
haha i yeah it was one of those things but yeah my girlfriends dad will yell stuff like that on occasion especially when i play some blue oyster cult he will yell more cow bell refering to the satuday night live skit haha

Turbo_Hasse
02-18-2009, 03:44 PM
I would like to live in San Fran in the 80's :biggrin:

Brian Krashpad
02-18-2009, 06:32 PM
one of my favourite bands are a'a flock of seagulls' theyre fantastic. pure 80s techno pop!

The first band I was ever in used to cover "I Ran." EXCEPT: we had no keyboards whatsoever, and the guitarist did not have a delay pedal, and that guitar part is TOTALLY based on delay. The lead guitarist used to MANUALLY fake a delay by hitting a note over and over with less strength each time. It was hilarious. By coincidence, sfaik, that was the first song I ever played bass on in (quasi-) public. We were playing a party gig, and our bassist went to go get a beer. I didn't really have anything much to do in that song, so I strapped on his bass and played the 3 root notes over and over.

Funny thing was, I jumped around like a maniac so it seemed like I was doing something crazy and difficult. Afterwards, some girl came up and said "I LOVE the way you play bass!"

It was then I knew I'd always play rock and roll.

:biggrin:

Juggernaut
02-19-2009, 06:06 AM
the 80's for a couple of VERY specific reasons.....

1. Warn Randy Rhoads NOT to get on that plane R.I.P. Randy
2. Warn Cliff Burton and Dave Mustaine about the terrible fate of Metallica R.I.P. Cliff
3. Warn Phil and Dimebag about what will be..... R.I.P. Dime

and another good reason would be to go live in San Fran during the "Bay Area Thrash" era.....