PDA

View Full Version : Should I trade!?

MatrixClaw
02-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Aight, well tomorrow I have a guy comin over to try out my Ibanez RG3120.

I LOVE my Ibanez, but I never play it anymore and the trem is cool, but it's a pain in the ass because I can't change tunings on it :frownz:

The guy is offering to trade me his ESP Standard Viper for it. Technically, the guitar is worth more, and ESP is probably my favorite guitar company as of late, but the EMGs kinda turn me off. Don't get me wrong, EMGs are cool, but I've kind of moved away from them; however, I do remember that oddly enough, every ESP/LTD I've owned with EMGs sounded WAY better than any other guitar I've had them in, which I have no idea why that would even make sense. Plus, it has an Ebony board, and I love my SGs :biggrin:

Has anyone ever tried one of these?

I also got an email to trade it + cash for a PRS Custom 24 10-Top with Bird Inlays, but he still hasn't emailed me back and the clock is ticking! I REALLY want the PRS, but he hasn't told me how much cash he wants on top of it and I kinda need to know before this guy comes over tomorrow, otherwise I might trade it away before hand :jumpgrin:

Also, I have a trade offer for my Jackson RR5. Guy wants to trade me an ESP Vintage Plus Telecaster, looks pretty cool, but I'm just not sure the single coil in the bridge will cut it for me...

Thoughts?

crazy_guitar_man
02-04-2009, 09:11 PM
well this is probably just your own preference but if i were the one doing the trade i would see how much cash he wants for the prs and if it was too much then go for the esp since its something you like...i probably wouldn't do the jackson for esp unless you really liked it but i also just really like jacksons :winkx:

MatrixClaw
02-04-2009, 11:21 PM
well this is probably just your own preference but if i were the one doing the trade i would see how much cash he wants for the prs and if it was too much then go for the esp since its something you like...i probably wouldn't do the jackson for esp unless you really liked it but i also just really like jacksons :winkx:

Yeah, I know most of it is going to be preference, but I kinda just want to see if anyone has any opinions on the Viper especially, how it sounds/plays/etc.

I really like the Jackson, but I can't find a case that fits it, which means I can't take it anywhere unless I want to bring it in a gigbag, which I really don't trust, plus it's all pointy and I'm scared I'm going to hit it on something and break off a piece of it :jumpgrin: Plus, the neck pickup completely sucks on it, but that's alright I guess cause I don't use the neck much anyway.

crazy_guitar_man
02-05-2009, 12:08 AM
haha yeah i don't know anything about the viper personally but i was looking at it for my next guitar so if you get it you will have to let me know haha...but yeah im a sucker for jacksons i like them a lot but i would say if you don't like it and would like the esp better then go for it haha

MatrixClaw
02-05-2009, 07:10 PM
haha yeah i don't know anything about the viper personally but i was looking at it for my next guitar so if you get it you will have to let me know haha...but yeah im a sucker for jacksons i like them a lot but i would say if you don't like it and would like the esp better then go for it haha

Well, I traded.

I must say, it's a pretty sweet guitar!

crazy_guitar_man
02-05-2009, 07:31 PM
well all that counts is that you are happy haha but yeah i am still looking into my next guitar and that one is a possable so i dunno yet :w:

MatrixClaw
02-05-2009, 07:38 PM
well all that counts is that you are happy haha but yeah i am still looking into my next guitar and that one is a possable so i dunno yet :w:

Sweet, yeah it's definitely on par with the SG Standard I used to have, though I did like the pickups on that one a bit better :tongue:

crazy_guitar_man
02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
yeah i saw you said you were a lover of the sg and that is definitly my favorite style haha i just got a double neck guitar kit with the sg style haha

MatrixClaw
02-05-2009, 08:15 PM
yeah i saw you said you were a lover of the sg and that is definitly my favorite style haha i just got a double neck guitar kit with the sg style haha

Nice!

I've always wanted to get a double neck SG, but I doubt I'd ever use it :jumpgrin:

crazy_guitar_man
02-05-2009, 09:48 PM
yeah well i have wanted the gibson one for a while but didn't want to fork out the 3 grand haha well after xmas i was looking on ebay and found a kit for 210 so i had to get it