PDA

View Full Version : Electric 12 strings?

Redline68
01-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Anyone have one?

I bit the bullet and picked up a Dipinto Mach XII. I'm very happy with my choice. The leading runner ups were a Fender start and the Boca that MF sells.

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/5/6/8/549568.jpg

MrSandMan
01-31-2009, 11:50 PM
That's pretty wild looking. How does she play?

Brian Krashpad
02-01-2009, 07:32 AM
That's boss. A friend of mine has a 60's style band and he plays a DiPinto. He has some really expensive old Gretsches but won't gig them. Lemme see if I can find a pic of the one he has, I just saw them a couple weeks ago and he probably has pics on Facebook.

Brian Krashpad
02-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Here it is:

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/profile6/770/6/n1010042430_8814.jpg

Looks like the same model as yours but 6-string and with Bigsby!

Did you buy it new?

How much?

Redline68
02-01-2009, 12:15 PM
It plays great. When I first took it out of the shipping box, the action was really (too) low. The high E was actually touching the first fret. I was sort of bummed/upset that it was so bad and let it sit for two days. Thought I might need some nut work (on a 12 string----yikes). When I picked it up again it was perfect. Weird. And, yes, I did let it sit inside in the unopened packing box for about 8-10 hours. Maybe that wasn't enough or maybe it just had to adjust to the humidity.

Anyhow, the action is great. Intonation is great, and I like the 24.75" scale. It holds it's tuning very well. The pickups are very articulate and the doubled single coil can be split by a push/pull that comes standard but wasn't mentioned in the specs.

I did buy it new, but already forget the exact price. I used some MF % off deal that brought the price way down. $480 I think.

I wish I could find a hard case for it though. The thing is so darn long it won't fit in any case I've tried.

Brian Krashpad
02-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Try a bass case.

You may need to put a couple towels in the bottom section, but it'll be long enough for sure.

Redline68
02-01-2009, 11:05 PM
That's not a bad idea at all. Thanks for the tip.

Even the "extra long" elect guitar case I tried was too short.

Try a bass case.

You may need to put a couple towels in the bottom section, but it'll be long enough for sure.

crazy_guitar_man
02-02-2009, 01:05 AM
i really like the look of that guitar...i also love twelve strings definitly one of my favorite to play as of now i have a acoustic one but i am almost done with a double neck guitar kit that i am building so i am excited about trying out that twelve string... i also like the inlays on that