PDA

View Full Version : Free DOD 250 Overdrive Pedal Gear-Monkey Give-Away

MrSandMan
01-30-2009, 08:56 PM
It's that time again, more Gear-Monkey Giveaway fun! If you wish to participate in this offer, POST YOUR CURRENT POST COUNT IN THIS THREAD, that's how we will include you in the drawing. :biggrin:

First Place Winner: Free DOD 250 Overdrive Pedal. (free shipping to the lower 48)

2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place winners get a free set of electric guitar strings (free shipping to the lower 48)

Note: international members are welcome to participate, but will be asked to help absorb some of the shipping fees if it exceeds anticipated costs.

How It Works
This will be a simple drawing, a total of 5 members will win a prize. All registered / active members of this forum will be eligible in the drawing as long as you make a minimum of at least 20 posts in other members' topics, and at least 5 topics started by yourself. Pretty simple requirements for a free DOD 250 Overdrive Pedal or a free set of electric guitar strings?

Rules
Must contribute at least 20 posts in any topics
You must have at least 5 topics started by you
Your posts must be genuine
No '1' or '2' word posts
No spam

Basically, you just have to be a contributing member of the forum. We're having this drawing to help bring and re-ignite more members and activity into the forum. We don't want someone to join just to get their post count up only to be eligible in the drawings. We want you all to stay! We have only one DOD 250 Overdrive pedal to give away. We wish we had more to give, believe me! You could very well be the person who owns this pedal next month, all for just contributing posts and topics here at Gear-Monkey. It's simple, painless, and there's absolutely no reason not to participate.

The drawing will be held on March 1st, 2009. After the 5 names are drawn, we will post it here in this thread and message the winner to request your shipping address (we’ll cover shipping expense to the lower 48). We will also ask that you take a picture with your pedal once it arrives so we can post it here.

If you're not a registered member, then register now (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/register.html)

Note: you don’t need to make your required post count in one session. You have the entire month of February to do that, spread it out and have fun!

MAKE SURE YOU POST YOUR CURRENT POST COUNT IN THIS THREAD
THAT IS HOW YOU WILL BE INCLUDED IN THIS DRAWING!

http://www.gear-vault.com/classifieds/thumbnail.php?pic=uplimg/img_101510_dod-250.jpg&w=500&sq=Y&b=Y

Juggernaut
01-31-2009, 09:02 PM

:2thumbups:

MatrixClaw
01-31-2009, 10:11 PM
I have no idea how many posts I have... but I will edit it in after I make this post :jumpgrin:

*edit* 60 :tongue:

Redline68
01-31-2009, 10:58 PM

:smilez:

floydmoline
02-01-2009, 12:10 AM
post 399

Brian Krashpad
02-01-2009, 06:53 AM
If I've counted right, I'm in at 430.

Btw, this has been viewed 54 times and only a couple people are in? People, don't be shy!

crazy_guitar_man
02-02-2009, 12:55 AM
i have zero as of now but am excited to be apart of this forum :2thumbups:

MrSandMan
02-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Welcome - Welcome. Everyone join, it'll be fun.

cubis
02-03-2009, 12:25 AM
post count - 1

just joined, ha, what a happy coincidence

MrSandMan
02-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Cubis and Crazy-guitar-man is kicking ass! :w:

crazy_guitar_man
02-03-2009, 10:10 PM
haha why thank you sir :biggrin: i have also possably kicking the ass off the internet to i go to school at penn state university and have a bunch of friends who like guitar and i was telling them about the forum and i think they are interested in joining...but yeah just trying to spread the word :sweet:

dan135
02-04-2009, 04:52 PM
ya just sighned up hoping to get that effects pedal and to learn more about guitar :sweet:

MrSandMan
02-09-2009, 03:27 PM
I see G-M is getting more registered users. Bump for the new guys. Don't forget to post your post count in this thread. It's the only way you'll be eligible to be in the drawing.

Entrant_21
02-12-2009, 06:15 PM
My post count is 0.. lol

im gonna be honest, I was lured in by the DOD.

Theres little chance I'll win though, I'm from the UK

cubis
02-12-2009, 06:53 PM
well actually i believe you have as much of a chance as any of us if you meet the requirements, you just might have to help with shipping if you do win, but i still think that's a sweet deal

Brian Krashpad
02-12-2009, 07:25 PM
well actually i believe you have as much of a chance as any of us if you meet the requirements, you just might have to help with shipping if you do win, but i still think that's a sweet deal

+1 to all of above. The thing about these contests is that the odds are really good because we're still a small group.

I've already won a few things in the past and just got a Guitar World subscription too.

MrSandMan
02-21-2009, 07:44 PM
UPDATE:

So far the players eligible to win the guitar pedal (and guitar strings) are:

Juggernaut
Brian Krashpad
crazy_guitar_man123
cubis
Entrant_21

There's still time for those who have posted in this thread that have not reached their 20 posts yet, and to the lurkers who have not signed up yet. We'd love to have you sign up and join us! All you need to do is make 20 posts on the forum. It's easy and it's fun! If you have not registered yet, Register here (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/register.html)

What we're going to do *cough* my wife is going to do *cough* is write your name down on a piece of paper and throw it in a bowl. And draw names. First place gets the DOD 250 and the others get electric guitar strings. Remember, I'll pay shipping. (international guys, I'll ship to you too, but if shipping to your country is unexpectedly high, I do ask if you help absorb some of the fees. - But the items are in a small box, so should be cheap.)

Rock on :w:

cubis
02-21-2009, 07:49 PM
can i decide how your wife folds the paper with my name on it? :winkx:

lol quick tip next time you are able to enter a raffle and put it in yourself - fold it in a way such that you "stagger" the paper - it should look somewhat like an accordian. it should be easier to grab when someone sticks their hand in

MrSandMan
02-21-2009, 07:52 PM
can i decide how your wife folds the paper with my name on it? :winkx:

lol quick tip next time you are able to enter a raffle and put it in yourself - fold it in a way such that you "stagger" the paper - it should look somewhat like an accordian. it should be easier to grab when someone sticks their hand in

haha, brilliant!

crazy_guitar_man
02-22-2009, 12:32 AM
yes indeed that is brilliant haha but sweet so far a one in five chance well probably not for long haha

cubis
02-22-2009, 12:33 AM
i won baseball tickets that way once

minor league but whatever right? :2thumbups:

crazy_guitar_man
02-22-2009, 12:44 AM
haha yeah i have a minor league team around me and it is something to do when your bored haha but yea 7 more days untill march 1st wooo haha

cubis
02-22-2009, 02:38 AM
if i won anything at all that would be sweet, of course the pedal would be choice but new strings would be great too

crazy_guitar_man
02-22-2009, 10:28 AM
that is true haha

Brian Krashpad
02-22-2009, 02:07 PM
No minor league team here, but there's Gator atheletics most of the year. Today there's a baseball game and then a men's tennis match. Actually they're both in progress right now. A lot of the less popular sports are free, so if people like to watch live sports despite this being a small town there's lots to watch in addition to the local high schools. Plus in addition to UF there's a community college, Santa Fe College, that has a baseball team, iirc.

And even better, between UF and Santa Fe, as a musician that's more places to play and more young fans of local live music. UF has it's own on-campus bar that has local music on one night a week, and every now and then Santa Fe has special events with local bands. I've played on both campuses several times over the years.

crazy_guitar_man
02-22-2009, 11:49 PM
yeah there seems to be a lot of sports here...it's a pretty big town actually its more like 4 little towns into like one big area but yeah we have a minor league team plus the college i go to pennstate and all the highschools so there is usually somethign to go to. as for music there are a lot of bars that have bands playing all the time

capone
02-27-2009, 12:34 AM
I've only got 4. :no:

But everybody going hear from me. :jumpgrin:

....Strangled....

MrSandMan
03-01-2009, 11:36 AM
This contest comes to a close. We'll have the drawing tonight.

Good news, all the members who are eligible will get something :w:

Here's the eligible members
(who made the required 20 posts)
-
Juggernaut
Brian Krashpad
crazy_guitar_man123
cubis
Entrant_21

I'll update this thread after we draw the winners.

Juggernaut
03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Awesome, can't wait to try the new pedal...... uh, wait......uh.

:w: :jumpgrin:

cubis
03-01-2009, 01:42 PM
<- excited

Brian Krashpad
03-01-2009, 02:51 PM
You rock Chaz! :w:

Good luck everyone. :sweet:

crazy_guitar_man
03-01-2009, 04:26 PM
wooo well the cool thing is we all get something i am already a winner in my book haha but maybe just maybe i could win that pedal haha well good luck to everyone else :w:

MrSandMan
03-01-2009, 06:28 PM
And the first place winner is....

Scroll down

Scroll down

Keep going

:biggrin:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/Chazzy29/1A%20Wordpress/DSCN4880Small.jpg

Congrats Crazy_Guitar_Man

Everyone send me your shipping address. Brian, I think I still have yours from last time.

:2thumbups:

crazy_guitar_man
03-01-2009, 06:30 PM
wooooooooo :w: :w: :w: haha all i can say is thank you very much you are a god :2thumbups: :bowz:

MrSandMan
03-01-2009, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't go that far. lol.

Cubis and Brian, I have your address from the guitarworld subscription. Actually guitar_crazy_man, I had your address in PM too, forgot it was there.

I'll only need Juggs and Entrant's mailing address.

Brian Krashpad
03-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Congrats everyone!

cubis
03-02-2009, 02:57 AM
yay strings!

lol congrats crazy_guitar_man! let us know how you like it!

crazy_guitar_man
03-02-2009, 06:39 AM
haha i thx and i def will and i will try to get a good sound recording with it :2thumbups:

Lord_djsalmon
03-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Hello I'm On Count #1
Yay ME!

MrSandMan
03-03-2009, 02:49 PM
This contest ended March 1st. All the winners were already announced and their packages have already shipped.

We'll have more in the near future. :sweet:

crazy_guitar_man
03-05-2009, 07:14 PM
well i came home today and there was a package sitting on the table with my name on it and a gear vault sticker on it...so i knew...i rushed to it and took it out of the package and straight into my room i went and plugged it in...i started with where the knobs were at and quickly got a nice sound that i played with for a good 10 to 20 minutes...i really like this pedal and just wanna say thx again to mrsandman your the man :w:

cubis
03-05-2009, 07:46 PM
got the strings yesterday!

thanks a lot mrsandman :D

MrSandMan
03-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Awesome guys, glad your care packages arrived safely!

We are going to have more free shit, so stay tuned. I wanna do a guitar giveaway... that's my goal!

crazy_guitar_man
03-06-2009, 01:01 AM
hey i will definitly be here i really like this forum alot i use to be on the UG forum but i didn't like it very much it was too many people for me...but yeah a guitar giveaway would be really cool and if there is anything i could do to help out around here just let me know :2thumbups:

cubis
03-06-2009, 01:23 AM
yeah i like the smaller atmosphere here, but we could use a little more activity... we should make an active membership goal of like at least 15 or 20

and don't worry sandman i'll be participating in every giveaway you make available :winkx: