PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with my acoustic guitar

MetalMac
12-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my acoustic. I have a Guild GAD-50 and the action on it is fine on the lower frets. However, the higher up the fretboard you go, the action gets higher and higher. I'm wondering what I can do to remedy this situation. The string height is uneven for some reason and I have no idea how to fix it and I don't want to screw it up considering I paid 750 bucks for this guitar.

MrSandMan
12-15-2008, 06:03 PM
You'll probably want to take it in. This guitar has a fixed bridge and glued neck, not sure it has a truss rod. Acoustics usually don't have good action from my experience.

Brian Krashpad
01-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Sounds like a slight neck twist that hopefully should be remediable by a truss rod adjustment, assuming the guitar has one (I expect it does).

I got batches and batches of guitars, but I won't mess with truss rods, they scare me. I let my tech do that.

Redline68
02-02-2009, 09:58 PM
I agree with the advice of a guitar tech.

I'm guessing a truss rod tweak and maybe a touch shaved off the bottom of the saddle is in order.

Brian Krashpad
02-03-2009, 08:31 AM
I agree with the advice of a guitar tech.

I'm guessing a truss rod tweak and maybe a touch shaved off the bottom of the saddle is in order.

You're right about the bridge too. As I re-read this I was thinking, wait, he might need to lower the bridge as well as tweak the truss rod.

Good call.

Lord_djsalmon
03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Maybe Try Lifting Up The Bridge On It And Talk To A Profession!
Count #8

Sid
03-31-2009, 05:00 PM
id count #10