PDA

View Full Version : Cover Song Announced!

MrSandMan
08-18-2007, 02:30 AM
(STONE SOUR) INHALE (STONE SOUR)

[center][size=5]1ST PRIZE = $50
2ND PRIZE = $25

GOOD LUCK!

[center] :hbang:

MrSandMan
08-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Everyone is welcome to participate in this competition. Join Gear-Monkey.com and make a killer song!

Come on folks, it'll be fun... and win an easy $50 buck!!!!

bassturd
08-26-2007, 01:34 PM
http://media.putfile.com/stone-sour-contest-git-r-done

theres mine!!!!!!!

amp: 5watt epiphone valve special

effects: zakk wylde overdrive

guitar: scalloped parts-o-caster strat

equiptment: computer mic and audacity :fawk:

MrSandMan
08-26-2007, 02:02 PM
http://media.putfile.com/stone-sour-contest-git-r-done

theres mine!!!!!!!

amp: 5watt epiphone valve special

effects: zakk wylde overdrive

guitar: scalloped parts-o-caster strat

equiptment: computer mic and audacity :fawk:

Looks like we may have a winner :police:

Anyone else up for the challenge?

bassturd
08-26-2007, 04:41 PM
you can't be serious... where the hell are the rest of the players ??? ??? ???

Maddog15
08-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Nice Job Bassturd! I'm going to put mine up later tonight. I was waiting to make sure someone else was going to enter because I didn't want to be the only one.

Wouldn't be any fun that way, you know.

bassturd
08-26-2007, 07:56 PM
can't wait to hear it man ;D GIVE IT HELL!!!!!!

Maddog15
08-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Alright, here's mine! I played all the guitar parts, the bass parts, and I programmed the drums. I also did vocals, but removed them from this track since Bassturd and I are the only guys that put anything up. So here's the link.

http://media.putfile.com/Cover-of-Inhale-by-Stone-Sour-for-cover-song-contest

I changed a few parts as well as added in a few guitar solos towards the end, where the screaming parts usually are. I could have done a lot better on the solos, but I ran out of time. They're both one take deals that I improvised while recording about a half hour ago. And since the deadline was tonight, that's what I had to stick with.

Thanks to MrSandMan for putting on this contest, I thought it was a really cool idea and I had a lot of fun doing it! Too bad more people didn't join in, I was hoping there would be more in the future.

MrSandMan
08-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Maddog, What gear did you use? I like the improvised leads, they fit in really nice. Love the quality and tone.

Bassturd, you have amazing tone for the epi valve jr. Very impressive.

Nicely done, both of you!

Maddog15
08-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks man, glad you liked it! Here's the gear I used:

Amp-Krank w/ Randall Cab. Cab mic'd with SM-57

Guitars-Washburn Idol w/ EMG's for all guitar parts except the trem part at the end. For that I used a Washburn X81 Face Eraser w/ EMG's as well.

Effects-Boss SD-1 just to tighten everything up(no extra gain), Vox wah for the solo, and I also used a phaser at one part.

Everything was recorded in Audacity.

bassturd
08-26-2007, 11:14 PM
totally fucking awesome man!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i could play lead, i considered TRYING to but, i thought i'd leave that to the more advanced players... you done awesome dude..... great mix, great playing, great recording... :hbang: :hbang:

bassturd
08-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Maddog, What gear did you use? I like the improvised leads, they fit in really nice. Love the quality and tone.

Bassturd, you have amazing tone for the epi valve jr. Very impressive.

Nicely done, both of you!

thanks!, too bad i didnt have some better micing and recording equiptment... not like it would have improved the playing though :'(

owrry
08-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Yes, I agree, both are very well done, nice organization on that track, and bassturd, KILLER tone for what amp :cool2:

Maddog15
08-27-2007, 05:26 AM
totally fucking awesome man!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i could play lead, i considered TRYING to but, i thought i'd leave that to the more advanced players... you done awesome dude..... great mix, great playing, great recording... :hbang: :hbang:

Thanks, glad you liked it as well and I appreciate your kind words!

MrSandMan
08-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Congrats Maddog for taking first place. Very well done! I'll email you the details.

Bassturd, great job as well. I'm sending you that set of Dimarzio pickups, pots, jacks... and some other misc. Fender parts bro.

Thanks again, both of you! I really enjoyed your works :shred:

Maddog15
08-28-2007, 12:23 AM
SWEET!! Thanks again for putting this contest on, It was a lot of fun.

Gear-Monkey Rocks!

bassturd
08-28-2007, 02:41 AM
fuckin a right gear monkey rules, you're not gonna find a cooler admin.....

congrats mad-dog

thanks again charlie!

The Armadillo of Leprosy
08-31-2007, 12:12 PM
good job guys and congrats.

sorry i wimped out on this one...i just can't get into stone sour :-\

perhaps next time i'll throw down!

owrry
08-31-2007, 11:54 PM
well where's my http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/739374/2/istockphoto_739374_money_bag_isolated.jpg

Electric Blues
12-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Just so you all know. Bassturd... little Jon Jon, ripped off a forum member over at Harmony Central. Wanted to let you all know in case you're thinking of dealing with him. :wavey: