PDA

View Full Version : I feel like a kid.

ninja636
10-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Knowing what I'm getting for xmas, and waiting, not very patiently, for the day to come. My grand daughters are sick so I had to stay home from work to take care of them. I keep going to the Mesa web site and looking at the specs for my new amp, and then searching other sites for a speaker cab. I also keep contemplating on whether I should get the "Beast" or one of the other guitars I saw at the pawnshop. I'm pretty sure they'll let me swap out right now while it's still only been a day. I'm so damn indecisive, my wife say's it's one of my character flaws. I hope I don't catch what my kids have. I call them my kids cause they live with us 5 days out of the week and stay with their dad the other 2, their mom left them. Well I'm bored, and getting a little too personal on here, so I'll sign off, for now.

MrSandMan
10-21-2008, 01:16 PM
haha, don't sign off. We're ALL a kid at heart.

'New gear days' (esp anticipated gear days) will do that to a person. As far as cabs go, I personally (and I think you'll agree based on the music that you like) a cab with V-30s will be a great fit.

The Beast is a wicked guitar, but will you grow out of it? However, that's part of the fun, growing out of equipment to get something different.

imo, Les Paul guitars absolutely rip shit through a Mesa DR :sweet:

But everyone has their own ear for tone. That's the beauty of being a musician.

ninja636
10-21-2008, 02:10 PM
haha, don't sign off. We're ALL a kid at heart.

'New gear days' (esp anticipated gear days) will do that to a person. As far as cabs go, I personally (and I think you'll agree based on the music that you like) a cab with V-30s will be a great fit.

The Beast is a wicked guitar, but will you grow out of it? However, that's part of the fun, growing out of equipment to get something different.

imo, Les Paul guitars absolutely rip shit through a Mesa DR :sweet:

But everyone has their own ear for tone. That's the beauty of being a musician.

Big +1 on that bro! There was this one Washburn guitar there, I can't stop thinking about it. It was kinda shaped like an Explorer, but the "horn" on the bottom under the neck was shaped like an Ibanez Iceman. It had a fixed bridge with a stop tailpiece(really retro lookin). It was 579.00, but I know I could talk them down just like I did with the Beast and the Mesa. I've searched Washburn's website, and other websites, but can't find one that looks like it. The closest one I find is on the Washburn site, it's the Don Donegan sig model. I think when the wife gets home I'm gonna go down there and look at it again.