PDA

View Full Version : Sweet new axe for me!

ninja636
10-21-2008, 08:33 AM
If you read my post in "Amplification" then you know I just put a BC Rich "Beast" on lay away at the LPS(local pawn shop). It was a hard decision, there were a few other axe's in there I wanted as well a couple I didn't mention in my other post are a Peavey Wolfgang, and Ibanez Hollow body electric(I bet Krash woulda liked it too). Any ways heres a link to the guitar I'm getting:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-NT-Beast-Electric-Guitar?sku=512685

When I get them paid off( I traded in my Crate V100 Halfstack for this axe and a Mesa Dual Recto head) in December, I'll post a NAD, and NGD thread, hopefully with some pics. My wife hinted that I might be getting my own digital camera for xmas too :biggrin:.

R.B. Huckleberry
10-21-2008, 09:44 PM
You know what? I am not a huge fan of that model, but I am a HUGE fan of a player getting the guitar he wants! Enjoy it!!

ninja636
10-22-2008, 10:22 PM
You know what? I am not a huge fan of that model, but I am a HUGE fan of a player getting the guitar he wants! Enjoy it!!

Rock on brother :w:! I think I'm not going to get it after all. I may get the Peavey Wolfgang(LP-ish style guitar), or the Washburn I was looking at, I think it's an A-series(A5, A10, A20; explorer style body) but all the pics I've seen of these on the web show them either with a tune-o-matic style bridge or Floyd type. This one has a fixed bridge with a stop tailpiece that has a triangular piece mounted to the body(kinda vintage looking) so I don't know if it's an original 70-80's model, or a reissue. It may not even be an A-series. I'm going back in a few days to check it out...if it's still there. Probly will be though.

MrSandMan
10-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Is that washburn a set neck? I think my old guitarist had one like that.

ninja636
10-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Is that washburn a set neck? I think my old guitarist had one like that.

It's a set neck or neck through, I don't recall which, but it had no neck bolts. It also had some funky metal fret markers too. Was it a good axe for him? The little i held(didn't have a pick and my finger pickin' technique leaves a little to be desired) it for though, it felt pretty good. Nice neck, finish, weight, couldn't tell about the balance though with out a strap. The action was pretty good on it too. It was missing the volume knob and the toggle switch felt a little loose. Now I really want to go and check it out again.

Brian Krashpad
12-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Congrats!

Looking forward to pics!