PDA

View Full Version : Will I mess up my pedals if...

ninja636
10-15-2008, 06:32 AM
I leave them on all nite? I've done it on more than one occasion. It didn't used to be a problem when I was still using batteries, but now that I've been using a power supply I always forget to turn them off. I haven't noticed any detrimental effects yet. Anyone? Thanks.

MrSandMan
10-15-2008, 02:57 PM
I forget to leave pedals on sometimes too. It never messed any of them up.. Pedals are pretty rugged. with that said, I would try to make sure they're off. lol.

I honestly don't know the answers.. just personal experience from doing the same damn thing from time-to-time.

Did you get your DS-1 back from the mod yet?

ninja636
10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Cool. I was worried that I was phukin them up. I know you can't leave an amp on too long, and always remember to shut it off. I have turned my tube amp on and off without switching it to stand-by a couple times, just out of habit from using a ss amp for so long. Funny you should ask about the DS1, the inbred idiots at the post office mailed the damn thing back to ME!! After a heated argument and several times of showing the dumbass clerk the shipping label and my reciept, and calling him some things I should have kept to myself, his manager finally came out of hiding and resolved my problem. I should get it back in a couple of weeks.

Kurtastrophe.
08-15-2009, 02:35 AM
I'm pretty sure your pedals will live, but (I'm being green) I think leaving your power supplies plugged in is wasting lots of energy :2thumbups:

R.B. Huckleberry
08-16-2009, 11:11 PM
yeah, it's a waste of energy. But you rpedals should be fine.

Now: stop wasting energy! LOL...