PDA

View Full Version : Death tone from hell!!

ninja636
10-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Well, I was fooling around with my efx chain, and stumbled upon a really awesome Death tone for metal. Normally my efx chain ran like this:

guitar-->NS2 input;NS2 output-->EH Stereo Clone Theory-->Digi Delay-->amp input; Then NS2 send-->EH Small Stone-->MXR Super Comp-->SD1-->Metal Muff-->MT2-->7 band eq(scooped "V" setting)-->NS2 return. Depending on the length of my cable run I sometimes add a LPB1 booster behind the eq to boost my signal.

What I did different was to move my comp pedal behind my MT2, and in front of the eq, a little tweaking and Voila! Very dark and ominous Deathly tone from Hell!!! :w: Next I'm gonna try running my time based efx through my V100H's efx loop, and everything else in front of the amp as usual. Just gotta get more cables.BTW, who else here is unsatisfied with the performance of their NS2 besides me? I'm getting an ISP Decimator as soon as I can, I heard they're the shizzle. My only experience with one was when I went and tried out an ISP amp and it had one built in, it worked really good with no tone coloring what so ever. Peace out guy's.

MrSandMan
10-08-2008, 06:31 PM
You seriously need to do some recording. I'd love to hear your tone.

ninja636
10-08-2008, 08:46 PM
January dude! I'm getting the recording gear.