PDA

View Full Version : Evidently, my fame precedes me... wtf?

Brian Krashpad
09-20-2008, 12:26 PM
So Wednesday this week I went to my daughter's high school open house. As required (by Mrs. Krashpad) I dressed way "nicer" than usual, khaki slacks and a striped button down shirt. Don't tell Mrs. K, but I did wear my Converse hightops, just between us.

And I wore my klunky "Brian Krashpad" stage persona glasses just to offset the high normality factor.

So, I walk into this convenience store on my way home, to buy beer.

The clerk looks at me, thinks, and finally says... "Aren't you the brains behind a band called Crash Pad?"

I laughed and said I didn't know anything about "brains," but yeah. Unfortunately there was a line of people so we couldn't really banter or engage in a proper conversation. As I got to the door he calls out, "Be sure to imbibe responsibly Brian!"

I have no idea who this person is, although with my memory it's sure possible we've met.

Now, this morning (Saturday) I'm checking my e-mail and I have a Facebook friend request. Someone downstate I've never met. The message with the friend request is: "We dont know each other but you are famous and I'm an anarchist also, cheers."

Well the anarchist thing is I guess because my picture has me wearing an old concert t-shirt with an anarchy symbol on it. Funny that this person would think that any punk rocker with an anarchy symbol on his shirt is actually really an anarchist. (I'll admit to being a leftist for sure, anarchism is a bit too unstructured for me though.)

But where is this "famous" bit coming from? If this keeps happening I'ma start to believe my own press.

MrSandMan
09-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Well Brian, maybe this is a sign to reunite Crash Pad :w:

No, seriously. I know you mentioned it. Maybe you should look at this as sign. seems like you are getting solid support!

Cheers

Brian Krashpad
09-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Well Brian, maybe this is a sign to reunite Crash Pad :w:

No, seriously. I know you mentioned it. Maybe you should look at this as sign. seems like you are getting solid support!

Cheers

Haha, yeah, the really weird part, aside from two occurrences so close together, is that Crash Pad has been on hiatus for a long time and really only exists on paper. It's been like a year since we last played, and my 2 side bands are not much more active either.

I have been getting bored, my other 2 bands don't seem like they're going to pick up the slack and the church doesn't seem interested in using me on a regular basis, so the only way to get any band time in may be to get up a new version of Crash Pad.

Btw, now the same Facebook person who thought I am "famous" left a message on my Facebook "wall" with just one word:

"freischcarter!"

I have no idea what that means. The first half of it looks like it could be German for "fresh" but I've looked on the intenet for some explanation of the word without success. :confused:

ninja636
09-27-2008, 09:30 AM
That's cool man. The only recognition I get is from the 3 cops that know me on a first name basis. I have to say though, they've asked me for my "autograph" quite a few times.

MrSandMan
09-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Ninja can out race a poli-car. But ya gotta be clever to out-race the radio :biggrin: