PDA

View Full Version : Got my V100H !!

ninja636
09-05-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm still dinkin' around with settings, so I'll give an in depth review in a few days...but so far, for the price I paid for it, I'm diggin' it!! I think I'm gonna send it back and get just the head, the speakers are kinda middle of the road, but maybe they just need to be broken in more? Definately re-tubing it. I don't like the way the Ruby Tubes break up. Not enough gain, until I kick the SD1 on. Reverb is kinda boingy past 10 o'clock, but livable below that. I think the Tung-Sol 12AX7 preamp valves will bring the gain up some to where I can live with it with out an OD pedal. I can even use my Danelectro 7 band eq to add some gain/boost and it actually sounds good, unlike my ss Crate. In a few days then fellows, later. :w:

MrSandMan
09-05-2008, 11:38 PM
yeah man, keep us updated. I didn't get your DS-1 shipped out yet.. I will get it out monday. My mind has been in the politics this week. :no:

ninja636
09-06-2008, 05:54 AM
yeah man, keep us updated. I didn't get your DS-1 shipped out yet.. I will get it out monday. My mind has been in the politics this week. :no:

Hey, that's cool man. Well, I think I'm gonna go to bed now. Been playing around with my amp all nite. I'm lovin' it! Need to change the tubes though, I noticed I started getting some microphonics on about the 4th hour of playing. I'm really loving the power reduction switch. I can flip to 50 watts and really push the tubes without being that loud. I'm borrowing a friends THD power plate right now. Cops came over about 10 o'clock last nite. :biggrin: I'm still amazed at the world of difference in my guitars tone through a full tube amp! The speakers are starting to sound a little better now. Rolling off the gain to about 8-10 o'clock gives a nice AC/DC-crunch. With the gain on about 2-5 it has some nice creamy sustain. Gonna try some scooped mids today when I wake up. BTW I been playing this whole time with the eq pretty flat on both channels (12 o'clock) the clean channel is shimmering but too chimey and not enough low end, I suspect when I change tubes it'll get better. I'm gonna play around more with the efx loop and the clean channel some more too.

ninja636
09-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Well, my vacation officially started yesterday at 4pm central time. Another week off. A WHOLE week to spend with my new amp! As soon as my wife lets me I'll post some pics(her camera). Only one day I won't be able to play, the day I go for my eye surgery(sux). So far I'm lovin' this "cheap" little amp.