PDA

View Full Version : Laney VC50 Combo - What parts to Upgrade

Tom Thinking For Tuesday
09-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Hey,

This is my first post so firstly, hello all.

I have a Laney VC50 amp that I really love however I think I can improve it but not scrap it for another amp.

What Speakers would people recommend for the amp and what valves (it has the switch to work with two types of valves (I can't remember which ones))

I live on the South Coast of England (UK) and wondered if people can recommend a place to get it serviced?

Thanks
Tom

ninja636
09-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Welcome dude! What kind of sound are you looking for? Tubes and speakers all work together to get you to that "sweet spot". Here's a good site to start with as far as the tubes go:

http://thetubestore.com/

Maybe Monster can help you with the speaker selection, he builds amps. As far as servicing just shoot on over to the Laney site, they should have a link for servicing with a list for international service centers. Good luck man. :w:

Tom Thinking For Tuesday
09-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks very much, good place for valves!!

Not sure if the return (sound quality) is worth the expense, won't know till you do it I guess.

Should you get your amp serviced (like a car) to help it perform or will it be some thing that does not matter too much?

fireman257
09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Depending on the tone you want the vintage 30's speakers are really nice or the Vetran 30's at half the price by www.warehousespeakers.com they have others also.