PDA

View Full Version : Metal Muff muddy's my tone...

ninja636
08-31-2008, 09:26 PM
:frownz: I just removed my Metal Muff from my efx chain, just to try something different. I left my EH LPB1 linear power booster, EH Small Stone phaser, Boss SD1 od,Danelctro 7 band eq, EH Stereo Clone Theory chorus, and Digitech Digidelay in. I've never run my efx chain without either the Metal Muff or Boss MT2 in line. I noticed when I flipped the coil tap switch I installed when I put in the Rockfield Fatass humbuckers, B-I-G difference in tone, so much so I actually noticed a BIG difference between single and humbucking that I never noticed before. I can't wait to get an amp that has enough gain/tone where I won't have to rely on these pedals much longer. I got kinda upset. I even started playing with the amps channels and different eq and SD1 settings to get a similar tone that I get when I run the dirt boxes in my clean channel. I can get it almost close, but no cigar :frownz:. I wonder if I can mod the dirt boxes to be true bypass? I'll have to research it. I think my MT2 with the Keeley mods is true by pass, Let me check it out and see.....nope, muddy too. I don't know why I posted this, just upset and venting I guess. Thanks for letting me vent.

ninja636
09-03-2008, 12:52 AM
WOW. I figured it out. It was one of my patch cables that was giving me such a crappy tone. It was the one I'd have to jiggle to make it work. Let this be a lesson to others, don't buy cheap cables, they DO make a difference. I just ordered me a George L's make your own cables kit. All my long cables are Mogami Gold Series. But I skimped on the patch cables and got the pretty little different colored ones, 6 for like 10 bucks. Never again.

caddy_v_ml
11-09-2009, 07:10 PM
i hated my metal muff.muddy and just bad i guess