PDA

View Full Version : Well...

ninja636
08-28-2008, 11:10 PM
the Mesa was gone. I expected it would be. So I bought this instead, should be next week sometime:

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-CRA-V100HS--P-On

It should hold me over, after I change the tubes out for better tone, till I get an amp I really want. Besides, I can't find any reviews on this amp anywhere so I felt a little daring and adventerous. If it's really that bad, I can always send it back.

MrSandMan
08-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Damn that sucks! The Crate looks like a nice amp, it does look like it might be Crate's answer to the PV Valve King. Not sure if it'll sound anything like the VK.

Either way, like you said... you can send it back if its not for you. Plus a good way to get some hands on experience with other amps.

ninja636
08-29-2008, 02:48 AM
Exactly what I was thinking man! That's why I ordered it. The V33H got some mixed reviews, most complained about a muddy OD channel. But the 33 shares it's eq with both channels, so I think thats where a lot of the muddiness is coming from, and the people that complained about it didn't mention anything about swapping out the stock preamp tubes either. Where all the good reviewers said that they did and it cleaned it up a lot. We'll see in a week. It ships tomorrow. But with the labor day weekend coming up I don't think I'll get it till like wensday or thursday. I'll keep ya'll posted.

jackal
08-30-2008, 02:02 AM
yeah the create V100 is basically the answer to the PV Valve king, you'll have to change the tubes for sure.. did you test it out before you ordered it?? the guy i buy everything from at my local shop told me not to bother taking the time to hook it up, but they arn't always right, let me know how this one sounds i'm curious now

ninja636
08-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah, sure thing. I didn't get to try it out. our LMS sux. You have your choice of Marshall MG's, or Fender SS amps. In guitars, you can get an Ibanez, or Fender. Everything else in the store is pretty much the same. My wife did the actuall ordering, so she didn't give me the tracking numbers :frownz:. She said I drive her crazy because I check "where it's at" like every 10 minutes or so :biggrin:. I can't help it, I like to know when the Brown Santa's(UPS) coming. Your sales guy probably said that because it's a Crate, and not a high dollar sale. My experience with sales people is, if they know you, and know you can play a guitar good, they'll try and sell you as high as they think they can. If your "new", and they see you can't play very well, then they'll low ball you and make you another loyal customer. Such is the way in retail, I know I use these same tactics from time to time.

fireman257
08-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Hmmm wonder if that will work here to get a good deal. Guess I could go to our stores and try to play bad and see oh wait a minute I do play bad lol wont have to try :) one place I go to to buy gear sucks they charge top price on everything and wont drop them either so thank god for mail order stuff or I would have to drive 100 miles to shop lol.