PDA

View Full Version : Peavey Vypyr

shredrick
08-24-2008, 07:11 PM
OK guys I picked up the 75 watt vypyr from the local GC here's the deal it sounds great the plexi sounds like a plexi getting some early VH tones out of that and the 6505 is quite impressive also the classic is like a class A so forth and so on, anyway the thing is pretty versatile it has a looper tons of effects analog and digital supposedly, traded a crate V series amp for it straight across didn't really like it anyway thought the sound was too loose on the bottom end not like a class AB amp. The vypyr is warm and produces some upper order harmonics in the dirty sounds the cleans are decent also. It has a USB port like I said versatile
anyway if you have one please post your review of it thanks

MrSandMan
08-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Yep I'm reading great things about these amps. Rumor has it that Peavey will be introducing a head version.. hopefully 2009 NAMM.

I read that Best Buy were selling the 75-watt for $209.99. By the time I saw this, and checked, they raised the price to $299 (same as MF). I'm very excited about these amps!

Can you post clips or youtube of your new score? :2thumbups:

ninja636
08-25-2008, 05:28 AM
I heard the tube version is the bomb. I might check one out just for fun, but I don't wanna buy one, unless it just totally floors me.

MrSandMan
08-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Agreed. I'd love to try one as well :w:

Maybe it's time to take a trip to 'Best Buy" :confused:

ninja636
08-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Agreed. I'd love to try one as well :w:

Maybe it's time to take a trip to 'Best Buy" :confused:

I guess Best Buy is trying to find a niche? Our best buy here is so small they don't even sell appliances. The versions they sell are the transtubes, not the 120 watt all tube amp. I noticed they had some pretty ok amps on their website. Maybe I need to go to Best Buy. :no:, I don't think so. :biggrin:

fireman257
08-31-2008, 12:18 PM
Shoot our best buy dont sell any amps and or guitars for that matter gues thats what you get when you live in a one horse and buggy town lol .