PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

ninja636
08-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Regardless of which amp head I get, I think I'm gonna cover my cab in this:

http://www.metalsdepot.com/products/alum2.phtml?page=tread&LimAcc=%20&aident=

Now if I can just find some steel/aluminum mesh/grating to use as grill material I'll be set. :biggrin:

fireman257
08-19-2008, 05:56 PM
That would look cool but wont it make it heavy as he** you might can find some chrome grating at a hardware store like lowes they use some for fire place covers and return air on a/c and heat worth a try.

MatrixClaw
08-20-2008, 06:39 PM
That's going to be pretty expensive and it's going to weigh a ton.

I'd just buy a Roadcase for you cab that's already covered in diamond plate.

ninja636
08-20-2008, 08:26 PM
I like the diamond plate look. Weight isn't a factor, Since Whenever I move there will always be someone around to help me. Besides, the diamond treadplate is 1/16" aluminum, not steel. The grating I was looking at is also aluminum, so it won't weigh as much as steel either. :w:

MrSandMan
08-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I saw kits that are a direct fit for Mesa Recto slant cabs someplace... but I don't remember where.

Your way is probably easier on the pocket book anyhow. It'll look great.

ninja636
08-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I already priced everything, and it'll cost me around $500 to do the cab, including the cost of a stripped cab, no vinyl, no grill, or speakers. Just the jackplate and handles(which I'm going to use as a template to make some custom ones). Then the cost of which ever speakers I decide to load it up with. Oh yeah, that price also includes shipping on everything. The cab itself is about half the cost, around 250 + shipping from lopoline.