PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Epi Kat Series guitar HSC

Brian Krashpad
08-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Am looking for a hardshell case for my Epiphone WildKat w/Bigsby. The lower bout is larger than a Les Paul, so LP cases won't work, yet guitar is smaller than a big-bodied Gretsch or 335-style guitar. Reportedly cases for DeArmond M-series guitars work since they had larger lower bouts and some
came with Bigsbys.

Epi wants about a Benjamin for a new one, which is about twice what a hsc should cost without an Epi E on it.

Redline68
08-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Not much to offer here, but I did own an AlleyKat once (no Bigsby). I used a gigskinz bag that was nice, but eventually got the correct Epi case which really fit nice.

I did a price match thing to get the best deal. I just looked and Sweetwater is $90 with free shipping. Music123 was $100. You could always call them to see what they'll do. You might be able to get it for $80 shipped.

Brian Krashpad
08-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Not much to offer here, but I did own an AlleyKat once (no Bigsby). I used a gigskinz bag that was nice, but eventually got the correct Epi case which really fit nice.

I did a price match thing to get the best deal. I just looked and Sweetwater is $90 with free shipping. Music123 was $100. You could always call them to see what they'll do. You might be able to get it for $80 shipped.

Thanks, yeah somebody on another board sussed me to Sweetwater. That seems to be the best new price at $90 with free shipping.

What'd be great would be if I could find something used. I have a bag it'll just barely fit in, which would be fine for church gigs, but kinda dangerous for bar shows.