PDA

View Full Version : Contests

jeffreyliu838
07-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Are we gonna have any more contests? Like cover contests, bass wars, ect. Those are fun...

MrSandMan
07-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Hey Jeff, great idea. Those are fun. Remember the cover song contest we did back when?

We're running this contest (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/featured-front-page/free-boss-ds1-distortion-pedal-giveaway-contest-t568.0.html) that just started. I'm thinking your suggestion might be a good one for cover songs.

You're more than welcome to send me a message for more ideas.. or post it here. I'm always open to fun contests.

jeffreyliu838
07-19-2008, 03:25 AM
Yeah, I've been kinda on off GM. I regret not doing that cover contest, dangit...

I don't really like these give aways, personally. I mean, it encourages posting, but that's pretty much all it does.

I think we should have a battle of the bands kinda thing going on. Users that want to participate upload a song (cover or original, they're choice) and we vote. Can't vote for your own song, of course.

characterzero
07-19-2008, 02:37 PM
I think that would be really cool. Recording contests sound awesome.

MrSandMan
07-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Okay then. Lets hash out some ideas... like what song? we'd have to think of one song for everyone to do. Some what simple, but interesting. It'd need to be a song that everyone would love to cover... but not something every has covered.

The last cover we did on Gear-Monkey was Stone Sour - Inhale. I think some members weren't into that song. So maybe we should do a classic song.. maybe something like Pink Floyd. Their music is very cover-able. And can be changed to more 'dark' if one so desires.

And the prize can be a guitar pick and bragging rights. LoL- Joking. It's be something cool :sweet:

Thoughts?

jeffreyliu838
07-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Well I was thinking a battle of the bands thing...Where you write original songs or do covers, but if that's not possible, Pink Floyd is definitely cool to do.