PDA

View Full Version : Next month give-away suggestions

MrSandMan
06-20-2008, 05:02 PM
This month free Digitech Bad Monkey giveaway (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/featured-front-page/free-digitech-bad-monkey-tube-overdrive-effects-pedal-t470.0.html) is soon coming to a close and now it's time to start thinking about next months free give-away. In the recent past we gave away a Boss MT-2, Ibanez Tube Screamer, Digitech Grunge, Ibanez Grunge, Digitech Bad Monkey, Guitar Strings... and more.

Winning free stuff is easy and fun.. just post on the forums, refer some friends, write some blogs, upload some music, and just completely enjoy yourself on the Gear-Monkey message boards.

Okay, so next month we are giving away something musical related, we know that, but what? Another kick ass guitar pedal, case of electric guitar strings, a guitar?

Mmmm, What are your thoughts on this?

Conbud
06-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Not sure... but not only am I up for free gear, I want to start hanging at the Gear Monkey some more just because it's a kick ass website! :sweet:

floydmoline
06-21-2008, 05:37 PM
suck-up ^^ LOL

Redline68
06-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Hmmm....

Pedals are fun. But everyone needs strings. And who wouldn't like a free guitar?

Tough choice. I guess I'd vote for another pedal give-away. But all are good options.

MrSandMan
06-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Hmmm....

Pedals are fun. But everyone needs strings. And who wouldn't like a free guitar?

Tough choice. I guess I'd vote for another pedal give-away. But all are good options.

I'm seriously thinking about doing the guitar give-away... I always wanted to try that. But I think It'll need marketing, blogged, and PR'd. Also, it won't be a USA Fender or Gibson. It'll probably be a decent entry level like a agile, SX, Turser, Xaviere or a Strat.. perhaps something one could smash on stage. (maybe gear-monkey could find a sponsor)

...and if you smash it on stage, you better get that on video and share it with the rest of us! :sweet:

Another idea, that we haven't tried.... guitar pickups. Mmmm

ninja636
06-21-2008, 09:21 PM
How about... A NEW CAR!, or a Gear-Monkey crock-pot. Seriously though, I need a wah, so how about some type of wah? Like a Bad Horsie, or Weeping Demon.

floydmoline
06-23-2008, 12:30 AM
i like the guitar idea lol, and agile or douglas LP would be ok - i wanted to try out an SX telecaster style guitar......

dan135
02-04-2009, 05:47 PM
the pedal look pretty nice i was thinkin bout buyin a big muff pi the one cliff burton used its like 70 bucks but look worth it

crazy_guitar_man
02-04-2009, 07:40 PM
i would have to say the pickups that you said above mrsandman that is a good idea and the guitar would be a good idea too and since they would be more expensive prizes i say to use the the cover of a song for the competition :sweet:

cubis
02-04-2009, 08:52 PM
perhaps an amp?

pedal is always a great way to go... i've wanted an EQ pedal and a Compression pedal for a while

have you guys seen the Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai? that's a BEAST of a delay/looper

crazy_guitar_man
02-04-2009, 09:17 PM
an amp would be a good idea nothing major just like a practice amp good idea :sweet: also maybe a cheap acoustic like one of the 50 dollar ones would be cool maybe one of these

http://www.brossardpicks.com/shop/ :winkx:

cubis
02-05-2009, 04:29 AM
maybe a book of songs? like tabs and music

crazy_guitar_man
02-05-2009, 07:30 AM
that is a good idea too i always wanted some of those books but just never got one...

cubis
02-05-2009, 03:45 PM
giveaway your DBZ guitar :P

crazy_guitar_man
02-05-2009, 05:30 PM
haha yeah def cubis haha i wish :winkx:

MrSandMan
02-05-2009, 06:29 PM
giveaway your DBZ guitar :P

It's a DotOnShaft (DOS) guitar :biggrin:

I'm in talks with the guys at DotOnShaft.com (http://dotonshaft.com) to donate one for a giveaway. So stay tuned. :2thumbups:

crazy_guitar_man
02-05-2009, 06:53 PM
haha sounds good to me it would be something fun to do i think haha but yeah lets keep our fingers crossed and maybe they will do it haha...maybe you could give them banner space on this website and on the gear vault one too...just a suggestion :w:

cubis
02-08-2009, 08:12 AM
a guitar giveaway would be awesome since i really want an electric

crazy_guitar_man
02-08-2009, 10:20 AM
a strap would be a cool idea they are inexpensive and usually everyone needs one :2thumbups:

crazy_guitar_man
03-04-2009, 12:14 AM
ive been thinking and it has come to my attention a contest is right in front of my face i dunno how well it would work out but how bout a t-shirt design contest and winner gets the t-shirt he or she designed something like that haha it might be tough to work out but would be fun nonetheless but the t would have to deal with gear monkey :smilez:

Brian Krashpad
03-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Any of the things mentioned above would be fine, I think.

:sweet:

michaelalonzo93
02-24-2011, 05:22 AM
I would have to say the pickups that you mentioned over mrsandman that is a excellent concept and the guitar would be a great concept far too and given that they would be more pricey prizes i say to use the the cover of a tune for the opposition.