PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Van Halen Frankenstein Replica

MrSandMan
06-11-2008, 07:49 PM
I thought this was an interesting video. EVH talks about his guitars (and the "1st" yellow & black) which Dimebag Darrell was buried with. He said the guitar was is in Dimes arms.

Edited: There are only 300 replicas made. One was on ebay for $13,500 and the reserve wasn't met.

Great video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ATjE2ogfA

Brian Krashpad
06-12-2008, 10:45 AM
It's crazy to me that collectors will pay that kind of money for what was basically a parts guitar.

:confused:

Conbud
06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Yeah I trip out every time I watch that vid, they had one hanging in GC by my house for a good while. It didn't sell "Of course" so they had to send it back.

Maybe if I was really, really rich! :smilez:

Brian Krashpad
06-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Welcome Conbud!

Good to see new faces!

jackal
06-27-2008, 03:33 AM
the have the Red and black tape model of eddies guitar a a music shop here and there asking $25000.00 for it

Brian Krashpad
06-27-2008, 07:57 AM
the have the Red and black tape model of eddies guitar a a music shop here and there asking $25000.00 for it

Insane. It'd be the proverbial cold day in heck before I'd pay such an inflated price for a "replica," I don't care how few of them were/are made.

Even if I could afford one.

Of course, it doesn't help that those are some butt-ugly guitars to begin with.

jackal
07-02-2008, 11:37 AM
I know what you mean, the bridge pick-up is even falling out against the strings, If you love art that much buy a real classic guitar

ninja636
07-04-2008, 06:17 AM
I'd still like to get the SRV-1 or the Yngwie replica. That EVH replica is just plain ugly to me.

MrSandMan
07-04-2008, 12:38 PM
$13,500 can buy a lot of beautiful guitars.

--If you were to make your 'own' frankenstein, what combination of guitars parts would it be?

Me? I'm happy with a good ol' Les Paul.

Sportsguy
07-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah I trip out every time I watch that vid, they had one hanging in GC by my house for a good while. It didn't sell "Of course" so they had to send it back.

Maybe if I was really, really rich! :smilez:

Do you happen to live in Pittsburgh?

They had one hanging there for a while, and ended up sending it back after having it out for a LONG time.

fireman257
08-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Well even if I had that kind of cash to spend on an axe I wouldn't give that much for the real one that Eddie owns. I would rather have a Les Paul Supreme that or a PRS Custom.

Redline68
08-19-2008, 11:40 PM
I looked at one in a case in Hong Kong I think.  Really wacky to me that anyone would pay those prices.  Even if I was a huge fan of Eddie's and wanted the guitar, I think I'd make my own replica and put my own spin on it.

I like the Joe Strummer replicas, but I wouldn;t even pay that price ($700?).  I'd make my own and pick some of Joes' guitar features, and some that I like.  I'm sure it would end up being more of an "inspried by" piece than a replica.  Plus, it would look much newer until I played the hell out of it for years.

Hmmm...I do have that banged up tele sitting in the case under the couch...