PDA

View Full Version : Signing on

Electric Blues
05-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Hi all.
Thought I'd join the fun here and just wanted to say hello.

floydmoline
05-18-2008, 11:51 PM
hello and welcome :-D

Electric Blues
05-18-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks!
How do the reputation points work here and why do I already have a -1 ? :no:

Brian Krashpad
05-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks!
How do the reputation points work here and why do I already have a -1 ? :no:

Apparently other people can vote eoither plus or minus. You just got here, so I can't figure why you got a minus already, maybe somebody hit the wrong button by mistake.

Anyhow, I gave you a +1 to even it out. Welcome!

characterzero
05-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi there and welcome! :2thumbups:

floydmoline
05-19-2008, 06:16 PM
word someone being goofy..... i acidentally gave folks a few folks a -1 when i got here..... they go away after a few days, the negativeees that is, nothing to worry about

Electric Blues
05-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Thanks guys! You sure seem like a friendly bunch here! Nice to see familiar faces!

I'll drop by every now and then. You can also find me on HCEG, where I argue tp no end the Karma advantages of cheap guitars made anywhere in the world. :biggrin:

How about here? Fans of cheapies, expensive gear or cost isn't important when true value is there?
Here are a couple of mine.
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5707/family1ss3.jpg

ninja636
05-20-2008, 06:57 AM
Welcome, and that would depend on which side of the cheap scale your talking about. I own an ESP/LTD M100FM, I love it, but I had an EC500, and Jackson King V stolen from me recently. I loved both of those as well. Cheap to me is less than 1000 bucks. Bad cheap is like First Act drivel, that deserves to be nothing more than toothpick fodder.

Brian Krashpad
05-28-2008, 07:20 AM
Welcome, and that would depend on which side of the cheap scale your talking about. I own an ESP/LTD M100FM, I love it, but I had an EC500, and Jackson King V stolen from me recently. I loved both of those as well. Cheap to me is less than 1000 bucks. Bad cheap is like First Act drivel, that deserves to be nothing more than toothpick fodder.

Well, though First Act may've poisoned their own well by beginning with the plywood stuff in Wal-Mart, note that they now also have a mid-range batch of guitars and also make custom pieces that are apprarently quite nice.

If less than a grand USD is cheap, then ALL mine are cheap!

Welcome again EB, from another HCEG'er!

Here's my cheapies!

http://a818.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/83/l_2664799c36624c57e377ebc1dee590b9.jpg

MrSandMan
05-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Welcome back man. The minus was probably an accident, it's happen before. Not a biggie, it'll go away in time. I'll give you a plus to help even it out like Brian did :sweet:

And another for having sweet gear :2thumbups:

Brian Krashpad
05-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Welcome back man. The minus was probably an accident, it's happen before. Not a biggie, it'll go away in time. I'll give you a plus to help even it out like Brian did :sweet:

And another for having sweet gear :2thumbups:

+ Eleventy.

And I'd note that neither that '52 Hotrod nor the Epi are "cheapies!"

floydmoline
05-29-2008, 01:35 AM
+1 BK lol i was thinking the same........ isn't really anything in that photo i'd concider "cheapies" lol

Electric Blues
05-29-2008, 09:20 PM
LOL!
No, the HotRod wasn't cheap, it just happened to be the Tele I fell in love with. The Sherry was a cheapy, at least for the prices here in Mexico! I bought her used and abused to within an inch of her life. Lots of work, love and some cash, brought her back to life. The Sherry is the best guitar I've ever played or owned.

You have some NICE gear Brian! I especially like that fat Tele and the Ovation!
:sweet:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

The amps are in the lower end of the spectrum but I can't complain. The Peavey C30 has a full set of JJs in it, a Weber Silver Bell Alnico and it really sings. Even when played clean, there's a nice grit, always some hair on it. The Vox is a great little amp. I don't think they make this model anymore. That's too bad.