PDA

View Full Version : Gibson 30th Anniversary Les Paul Deluxe

MrSandMan
05-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Gibson commemorates the 30th Anniversary of the original Les Paul Deluxe with a beautiful limited-production model. The Anniversary Deluxe features a one-piece mahogany back and neck, bookmatched maple top, vintage style tuners and two mini-humbuckers faithfully reproduced from those found on the original 1969 Gibson Les Paul (http://gear-vault.com) Deluxe. The guitar’s finish can be found in nitro-cellulose lacquered Ebony and Red Wine.

Truly remarkable!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/Chazzy29/SCRAP%20STUFF/lpdeluxewr.jpg

Brian Krashpad
05-31-2008, 09:10 AM
It's kinda hard to believe these things sorta failed the first time around. A lot of people yanked those mini's and either put in P-90's (which reportedly fir in the same space as the mini's with the ring), or routed them for humbuckers.

Has anyone here played this guitar, or Gibby mini's in general? I have mini-HB's on two guitars, one is a Seymour Duncan that I have in the neck slot of a Tele, the others are generic Asian ones in a semi-hollow Daisy Rock cheapie. I like those but 2 guitars is not a lot of experience with mini's.

ninja636
05-31-2008, 10:03 PM
I'd route that baby out for a Floyd and humbuckers, and turn it into a REAL guitar. :biggrin: :w: I haven't played any Gibsons with the mini's in them, but did try out one of the new Taylors at the Auburn Guitar Shoppe. SWEET is the only way to describe that guitar.

Brian Krashpad
05-31-2008, 11:41 PM
I'd route that baby out for a Floyd and humbuckers, and turn it into a REAL guitar. :biggrin: :w: I haven't played any Gibsons with the mini's in them, but did try out one of the new Taylors at the Auburn Guitar Shoppe. SWEET is the only way to describe that guitar.

Auburn Alabama?

I know a crazy guy from Auburn, has played in bands there over the years. Sometimes goes by "Anarchy Jon." Last name's Hillman, iirc.

ninja636
06-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Sorry man, don't know him. Only guy's I know are from Smiths Station, and my "band" from Birmingham. We're trying to get a gig at 29 Dreams this summer. We're not really a band, so much as a few guy's and one girl just having some fun. We don't even have a name. I don't really hang out at the LMS too much, thy're a bunch of dicks up there.