PDA

View Full Version : Best digital amp for under $700

shredrick
05-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I prefer the Vox ad series

willow
05-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Got a Line 6 Flextone III XL brilliant versatile amp, will allways keep it! And thats coming from someone with 60's Vox AC30 a legendry amp, but you know the Flextone gets very very near to it when you set it to AC30 you can barely tell the difference, of course i would expect the valve snobs to scoff at that, and say i can't tell the difference, but they really are good.

Glo2ube
05-17-2008, 08:21 PM
:frown:

Crown XS1200.

Modulate it with a Pod XT Pro through Voice of the Theater's in at least 2000 sqft room.
And refuse to get married just keep her in a perpetual engagement.

Glo2ube
05-17-2008, 08:39 PM
I guess what I'm try'n to suggest... is to forget the heads and stacks. Period.
Buy a pod and a stereo amp. Spend the bulk on the best PA speakers you can afford complete with sub's.
I personally guarantee you will be haunted by regret for the rest of your natural existence once the inevitable pang of G.A.S. or life's opportunity's seduce you with disillusionment.

willow
05-18-2008, 08:05 AM
What humours me is, when people say, how good valves amp are (which they are), then dismiss digital modelling out of hand, then use digital to record with, supposedly the best reflection of what they. Crazy world.Aye.

Glo2ube
05-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Yup! I have plugins for my DAW that I use to insert that record needle scratch and dust popping noise for the "purists" so they are more comfortable listening in on their Pod's.
I actually smile every time I drag-n-drop my trademark track I created in realtime analog.
It's called "Closed circles"
It's 3.2 seconds of poppy scratchy needle shaving lead in from my first worn out Kiss Alive album. Then a half note before where the audience starts there is a huge thump like scratch where the needle jumps the groove and it starts all over again.
Man! it's hilarious to see who jumps up and starts to run for the turntable at parties!!!!!