PDA

View Full Version : Behringer Effects/Stompboxes.

willow
04-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi there everyone.

I would be interested to know, what your opinions were, as regarding Behringer stompboxes/effects, they're very cheap, i've seen a guy on Youtube, who says they are clones of good quality brand names, he said he had sold his, Ibanez tube screamer and replaced it with a Behringer vintage tube pedal and was well chuffed/happy with it. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Seems to me that if there are any faults develop with them, they're that cheap you just throw them away and get another one, that philosophy seems to go hand in hand with the disposable society, we live in today, so if the sound quality is acceptable there must be a place in the market for them.
I was thinking about buying a bunch of them, and put them into a pedalboard. They sounded ok to me on Youtube!

characterzero
04-21-2008, 11:21 PM
I've owned a few, and heard that some models are great, while others are kinda off the mark from what they're trying to clone. I had a Boss OC-3 clone (octave pedal with drive mode) and while it worked it was really an amazing bargain. However, I wanted to try rehousing it in a metal case and somehow during the process it mysteriously stopped working.

Also The super feedbacker/distortion sucks for feedback, it just makes this completely unusable screeching noise when you turn the feedback on. The distortion itself is pretty good though, very usable for a chrunchy tone. I've heard the vintage tubescreamer, VD400 (vintage delay), and boss pitch vibrato clones are all fantastic and well worth the money. They're so cheap, they're worth a shot to try different stuff out.

MrSandMan
04-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I personally have not used Behringer pedals. I have used Behringer products. Like Characterzero said, they are built subpar and cheap. Their products get the job done, just not worthy quality. I imagine their effects pedals have the same reputation.

Since you liked the youtube sound, chances are you'll find the sweet spot with them as well... I guess you'll just have to ask yourself if the low end quality is worth buying these or spending a bit more to get something more reliable.

willow
04-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Buy and throw philosophy maybe. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

floydmoline
04-22-2008, 05:20 PM
i'vve said it before and i'll say it again i have used quite a few behringer products and i have not found any of them to be "sub-par" i have found them to be very good cost effective products as the products i have used have been, the studio equiment is inline with the more expensive crap out there, their mixers are a bit on the noisy side, but that is a sheilding issue, plastic case, but the DIs, compressors, EQs and instrument cabinets i have used have been very good. i would assume their effects are noisy at high gain settings due to the plastic cases, but you are not going to find a box in a metal case for less than 50 bucks with the single exception of the DOD250 RI, and BOSS DS-1.

characterzero
04-22-2008, 06:55 PM
They're worth a shot... go for it... join into America's consumption of cheap products from overseas! But seriously, they're fun pedals, and actually the casing stands up fairly well... that is if you don't jump on it or tear it apart to try to rehouse it.

If you at all consider a rehouse, there are several annoying factors. Firstly the jacks and knobs are soldered right on to the PCB board. Secondly, the circuit is grounded to the metal plate on the bottom of the pedal, so you pretty much have to include it in your rehouse design. But again, the case is tough enough on it's own, just the switch is kind of annoying.