PDA

View Full Version : Electric 12 Strings

Redline68
04-20-2008, 08:41 PM
...I'm considering getting one. I'm looking at the Fender Strat 12, the Dean BOCA, and a Raven West. What else is out there in the $300-$700 range? Any bits of wisdom from other 12 owners?

My preference would be a 24 3/4 scale. I'm unsure as to nut width...I want enough room, but not a classical like width. Probably a medium to thin neck. Unfortunately, there aren't many around in local shops for me to sample.

Brian Krashpad
04-21-2008, 03:37 PM
You should be able to get a used Dano 12-string or a (of all things) Daisy Rock Retro-H 12f or that kind of coin. I haven't played either, but they have pretty good reps from the reports I've seen. I do own the 6-string version of the Daisy Rock Retro-H and it's a surprisingly decent budget axe. The neck on it is somewhat narrow, but I don't know how much bigger it might be on the 12.

Fwiw, iirc there's one of each of those models on ebay right now. I'm consdiering an electric 12 myself but will have to go ultra-cheap since it's kinda a specialty guitar.

Redline68
04-22-2008, 07:31 PM
I had not considered the Daisy Rock. I have played them and do like them. I prefer a little wider nut, but the 12 may have that anyway.

A good suggestion that I will look into...