PDA

View Full Version : Official: Aprils Free Guitar Pedal Give-Away Contest

MrSandMan
04-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Yep, it’s the first of the month… Gear-Monkey is doing it again, another free pedal give-away contest.. And I pay shipping to the lower 48. International, we can work something out!

This month we’re not giving away just one guitar pedal.. But four Guitar pedals!

1st place choose what pedal you want
2nd place choose what pedal you want
3rd place, you get the pedal nobody else wants
4th place, you get the Ibanez grunge pedal. The 9v battery plug was cut off

How this months contest works.

#1 Referrals! For each active referral you bring to Gear-Monkey.com, you get 100pts!
(you must use your referral link (http://gear-monkey.com/forum/profiles/admin-u1.html) in your profile) --(active member means minimum of 20 posts)
#2 Forum posts! Each forum post you make, you get 20pts!
#3 Blogs! Blogs (http://www.gear-monkey.com/blog_list.php?user=1) bring you 10pts!
#4 Upload photos to your ‘Gear-Space’ picture index (http://www.gear-monkey.com/gallery.php?user=1) brings you 5pts! Each!
#5 Full song upload in your Gear-Space MP3 index (http://www.gear-monkey.com/music_all.php?user=1) earns you 10pts each!

If you are going to participate in this months contest to win your free guitar pedal, you must reply in this thread with the following information…

1). How many current post count you have
2). How many referrals you currently have
3). How many photos you currently have uploaded in your ‘Gear-Space Profile’ picture area
4). How many songs you currently have uploaded on your ‘Gear-Space’ MP3.

Note: I used my personal profile for as example

-DigiTech Grunge
-TubeScreamer (modded)
-DOD Classic Tube
-Ibanez Grunge

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/Chazzy29/SCRAP%20STUFF/DSCN4342Small.jpg

Monster
04-02-2008, 09:13 AM
1). How many current post count you have (302)
2). How many referrals you currently have (3)
3). How many photos you currently have uploaded in your ‘Gear-Space Profile’ picture area (0)
4). How many songs you currently have uploaded on your ‘Gear-Space’ MP3. (0)

floydmoline
04-02-2008, 01:23 PM
1). How many current post count you have (259)
2). How many referrals you currently have (3)
3). How many photos you currently have uploaded in your ‘Gear-Space Profile’ picture area (0)
4). How many songs you currently have uploaded on your ‘Gear-Space’ MP3. (0)

i won't be as agressive this time lol i believe in spreading the wealth

Brian Krashpad
04-02-2008, 02:14 PM
1). How many current post count you have 30
2). How many referrals you currently have 0
3). How many photos you currently have uploaded in your ‘Gear-Space Profile’ picture area 0
4). How many songs you currently have uploaded on your ‘Gear-Space’ MP3. 0

MrSandMan
04-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Four guitar pedals and only 3 players :confused:

floydmoline
04-05-2008, 02:29 AM
sweet one of us gets 2 WOOT!!!! lol

Schecterfreak
04-05-2008, 02:31 AM
1). How many current post count you have 8
3). How many photos you currently have uploaded in your ‘Gear-Space Profile’ picture area 0

matt31
04-05-2008, 03:05 AM
Man this looks interesting :w:

1). How many current post count you have 2

Servant
04-05-2008, 07:22 AM
YAY!

1). How many current post count you have - 9
2). How many referrals you currently have - 0 - getting some hits though
3). How many photos you currently have uploaded in your ‘Gear-Space Profile’ picture area - 0
4). How many songs you currently have uploaded on your ‘Gear-Space’ MP3. - 0

Redline68
04-05-2008, 09:50 AM
I need to try harder this month...

). How many current post count you have: 3
2). How many referrals you currently have : 0
3). How many photos you currently have uploaded in your ‘Gear-Space Profile’ picture area: 0
4). How many songs you currently have uploaded on your ‘Gear-Space’ MP3.: 0

characterzero
04-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Totally trying for one of these. I love free stuff!

1). How many current post count you have - 62
2). How many referrals you currently have - 0
3). How many photos you currently have uploaded in your ‘Gear-Space Profile’ picture area - 12
4). How many songs you currently have uploaded on your ‘Gear-Space’ MP3. - 1

tidwop
04-12-2008, 11:02 AM
1). How many current post count you have-17
2). How many referrals you currently have-0
3). How many photos you currently have uploaded in your ‘Gear-Space Profile’ picture area-2 does my sig count?!?!
4). How many songs you currently have uploaded on your ‘Gear-Space’ MP3.-0

MrSandMan
04-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Half way through the month. Anyone who gets a few referrals can easily take the lead.

....and it's a race to the finish :biggrin:

characterzero
04-15-2008, 05:43 PM
I've got ten hits but no referral bites... yet :winkx:.

MrSandMan
04-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Count down till the end of this months guitar pedal give away. whoo-hoo, great job guys! :sweet:

MrSandMan
05-01-2008, 11:10 AM
May 1st brings us to a close for G-M's guitar pedal give-away contest. Looks like everyone did really well, and some got slaughtered :biggrin:

If my math is right, the winners are as follows:

1st place = Brian Krashpad with 1280 points
2nd place = Characterzero with 1010 points
3rd place = Redline68 with 980 points
4th place = Floydmoline with 920 points

It's easier for me to ship your pedals if you submit your mailing address here (http://www.gear-vault.com/register.php), otherwise just send me a PM of your address where you want your pedal shipped.

1st through 3rd will pick their pedal starting with Brian. And, of course, Floyd gets the pedal nobody else wants... but I'm he'll take it :biggrin:

Everyone did a great job for this months Gear-Monkey Pedal Give-Away, we thank you! And congrats to our four Gear-Monkey winners! :w:

Monster
05-01-2008, 01:19 PM
congrats to the winners.... :w:

Redline68
05-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Awsome!! I won bronze! I'd like to thank gear-monkey, the director, the casting coordinator, the stunt coordinator, my stunt double, the key grip,................

:w:

PM on the way. I am already registered with the gear vault.

characterzero
05-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Awesome! Turns out I guess I got the scoring wrong and thought I was going up against everyone's total posts to date. But this is cool... maybe I have a shot at the Tubescreamer! I'd like to thank this site for putting on a contest like this, very cool, and it certainly worked to make the site busier.

Again thanks! I'll pm shipping stuff soon.

floydmoline
05-03-2008, 05:22 PM
i'd prefer the Digitech Grunge, but i don't get a choice LOL. as far as the slam punk goes if anyone wants it, i can repair it before sandman ships it since i only live ~15 miles away heh when i go "pick-up" my winnings i can repair it, so don't let the 9V snap being missing sway your choice

floydmoline
05-03-2008, 05:24 PM
if someone wants the slam punk, and wants me to NOT fix it that is ok too hehe

Brian Krashpad
05-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Tube Screamer, I claim thee!

(Sorry, Character Zero.)

Thanks to everyone and this cool site.

PM sent and gear-vault registration completed.

PS-- what was the mod done to the Tube Screamer? Not that I know anything about that stuff. Just good to know for reference. (I'm a plug and play non-modder guy.)

MrSandMan
05-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Right on.

Brian gets the Tube Screamer. The mod consist of a JRC4558 TS chip mod. It's a very favorable mod indeed.

Characterzero gets the Digitech Grunge

Redline gets the DOD Classic Tube

Floyd gets the Ibanez Grunge.

:sweet:

Redline68
05-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Sssscchhhhhwweeeeeeeeett. I get to play with a new toy.

Thanks heaps.

:smilez:

characterzero
05-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Nice! thanks again.

Brian Krashpad
05-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the info, Mr. Sandman!

Congrats to all.

The extra talk generated is itself a reward.

Redline68
05-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Pedal rec'd today. Thanks heaps!

:w:

Brian Krashpad
05-12-2008, 01:59 PM
I got my pedal today, right on my 50th birthday!

Thanks again peeps. :w:

floydmoline
05-12-2008, 04:21 PM
i got the slam punk yesterday.......... i have to say i am slightly impressed with it, for a plastic "punk" ibanez pedal this thing actually sounds effin awesome...... washburn super strat + slam punk + marshall DSL401 = van halen's first album tone....... nice NICE rock tones.

floydmoline
05-12-2008, 04:33 PM
heh as a siddde note whilst repairing the 9V battery plug i decided to take a gander on what they had going on in the "slam punk", first side of the 4558 is the input gain stage that cascades into a back to back diode shunt to ground followed by the 2nd half of the 4558, not your standard ibanez TS because the diodes go to ground not in the feedback loop, so it's got the responsiveness of a SD-1 / TS style pedal but a bit more gain it's not too unlike a SD-1 really but the color is a little different i think due to a symetrical clipping instead of asymetric...... all in all it's a useful pedal, nice tone, only down fall really is the plastic case, not because it's plastic or isn't strudy (it actually seems quite rugged for a plastic case) but because it has NO sheilding at all and is noisy as hell, if it were re-housed in a metal case i'd say it's one of my favorite pedals........

characterzero
05-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Oh yeah! I also received my pedal a few days ago. It's cool, but I think the switch is about gonzo. It's alright though, I'm going to try replacing and see how it goes. It'll be a fun project. :2thumbups: