PDA

View Full Version : how is your action low or high??

Monster
03-10-2008, 08:06 PM
how do you like your action high or super low...

for me i like it to be as low as i can get with out any buzzing... :w: i don't mind medium either, but i hate it when i go to a guitar store to try a guitar and the action is so high i get a nose bleed..... :jumpgrin:

jackal
03-10-2008, 09:03 PM
I like my action low, but not as low as possible.. my lead guitar player has it super low on his esp and i have trouble playing it because my action is medium-low

V-Type
03-10-2008, 10:00 PM
On my Jackson and Santana SE the low action feels right too me and they have the right amount of Snap and silly low action in general.
My Epiphone LP feels just right a bit higher than the the other two. But plays just as easy. :sweet:

MrSandMan
03-10-2008, 10:56 PM
I like my action as low as possible too. My epiphone classic was the best action I have ever played. Probably couldn't slip half dollar between the 17th fret and high E string.

floydmoline
03-10-2008, 11:08 PM
medium low action here.... but i can play a high action guitar just the same.... like shit lol, but seriously low low actions i can't play on comfortably, my biggest issue is i've played on high action guitars for so long i have a heavey hand...... i press too hard, also the reason i think i can't play as fast as some folks i know..... jimmy page, david gilmour is about as close to "shredding" as i can get, anything beyond that is too fast if i played with a lighter hand i'd be able to do it, or so i've been told by people, but it's hard to get used to playing light strings with a light touch

boy-child
03-29-2008, 09:49 PM
i say as low as possible without buzzing. i played a les paul once and the action was phenominal.

Bizarro Stu
04-01-2008, 04:28 AM
Medium all the way.

characterzero
04-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Medium action for me too, I try my best to avoid fret buzz.

Servant
04-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I was playing mine very high until recently - now I'm learning to low the low stuff. It took a while to refine my touch some, but I think in the long run it will pay off.