PDA

View Full Version : Randy Rhoads Style Head cabs

Vintageheadbox
03-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi Everyone,
Im Jerry and Im a cab-o-holic....... :w:

Im selling JMP and JCM 800 style head cabs... You can check them out at the gear vault and On e-bay..
Id post the link to the gear vault but I think something is wrong with the server... so email me at the below link

www.vintageheadbox.9f.com

Also I have a 50 watt headcab ready to ship to a new home, its in Black Elephant wit 11"arshall logo.

Email me if interested vintageheadbox@gmail.com

Thanks alot

Jerry

MrSandMan
03-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the boards Jerry! I was wondering how long it was going to take you to find your way over here :biggrin: :2thumbups:

Those are some very nice headshells that you have :biggrin:

Gear-Monkey is a good place to list your shells, there are many Michigan connections here.

Enjoy your stay brother :w:

Vintageheadbox
03-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Thank Bro, This is a pretty good lookin site indeed :sweet:

Monster
03-09-2008, 09:40 AM
hey vintage nice stuff.....

:w:

Vintageheadbox
03-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks Monster :w:

Vintageheadbox
03-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Back on E-Bay JCM 800 cabs available . Also Park Logo will be avaiable
For JMP style head Cabs

http://cgi.e-bay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=020

remove dash

Vintageheadbox
03-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Also listed at the gear-Vault

MrSandMan
03-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi Jerry,

Have you considered doing the 1980's Randall RG100ES? Another head shell that would be really hot is Mesa Boogie Mark IV. Alot of guys like to make their combo amps a head... and combos are a direct fit and vice versa with heads.

and if I am not mistaken, Mark I, II, III, and IV are all the same headshell (I think). So you'd be hitting a big market.

Vintageheadbox
03-12-2008, 01:06 PM
If I can get the dims and some pics I can build anything! theres always room to grow ,Ive even thought about doing HIWATT also..

So if anyone wans a Boogie or a HIWATT or a Soldano I'll need all the info on cab sizes

Thanks

Jerry

floydmoline
03-12-2008, 01:53 PM
i think hiwatt might not be a good economical build...... i am doubting too many folks here in the states own a hiwatt, they are too damn pricey over here, marshalls and mesa's are your best ticket, unless you have capitol to build them and sit on stock for a while.

MrSandMan
03-12-2008, 02:14 PM
i think hiwatt might not be a good economical build...... i am doubting too many folks here in the states own a hiwatt, they are too damn pricey over here, marshalls and mesa's are your best ticket, unless you have capitol to build them and sit on stock for a while.

He was just stating that he 'can' build HIWATT or anything else a customer may want :smilez:

btw, he's a Michigander too :w:

Here is the direct link to his gear-vault ad: Vintage Head Boxes (http://www.gear-vault.com/Replica--Marshall-JMP-and-JCM-800-Head-Cabs,name,100630,auction_id,auction_details)

If you click buy it now on Gear-Vault, Jerry pays $0 fees. If you click buy it now on ebay, Jerry pays $7.50. Save Jerry money and use gear-vault :biggrin:

floydmoline
03-12-2008, 02:41 PM
jeez lol should have called this gear-michigan.com.......

Vintageheadbox
03-12-2008, 05:13 PM
May as well , But hey if it works , Its all good..

There are a few HIWATT forums out there all you have to do is tap it....

Vintageheadbox
03-13-2008, 02:44 PM
hey Guys

I have 50 watt head cab In Black Elephant ready to ship out the door... Contact me if interrested
at vintageheadbox@gmail.com

Vintageheadbox
03-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Im still looking to Move the 50 watt head cab and guys please re-sign up at the forums I had problems with the activation crap...

floydmoline
03-19-2008, 08:12 AM
if i owned a marshall amp i might be interested but...... i only wish i did lol

Vintageheadbox
03-19-2008, 08:56 PM
You could always build one.... :2thumbups:

floydmoline
03-19-2008, 09:28 PM
ironicly that was why i said let us know when you update your page lol...... i noticed you had a chasis page started but no content on it, depending on how affordable they are i might be looking into build a 50W head here sooner or later, but all the sales sites in the web charge an insane amount of a pre-punched chasis....... it pisses me off when people get greedy, like botique pedal builders charging 300 dollars for a hand built pedal that contains 30 dollars in parts and an hour of their time..... i understand everyones time and effort is worth something but some people take it to a stupid level.

Vintageheadbox
03-20-2008, 06:11 AM
Well I understand your frustration.. But Pre Punched chassis are not cheap. Ive been looking for some time now
to find a supplier that has a fair price. Ive tried to keep it local (here in the state) but to get them at a resonable cost most want you to buy 500 or more and even then that cost is still way to high. So dont look at it as if the builders are charging a outragous price,
they are being charged a outrageous price to get them

Jerry

floydmoline
03-21-2008, 01:26 AM
the building supplies dealers is what i was talking about, and most of them that i was looking at punch them in house...... they get a generic hammond steel case and punch them, it's like botique pedal makers, they charge a mint because they try to #1 make a weeks pay check off one sale so they don't have to have a regular job, or #2 charge alot to keep volume down so they don't have to work as hard to keep up with demand, and finally #3 other people more talented, that build a better box charge that so new guys think it's the standard and inflate their prices.

Vintageheadbox
03-21-2008, 01:45 PM
I see your point there will alaways be those people that will try to get away with anything they can.. The problem is that people pay for it anyway.. So what are ya gonna do..
I try to fair to myself and my customers, yet I dont want to undercut the market and make nothing...

Jerry

floydmoline
03-22-2008, 12:32 AM
if you undercut the market, and still make a profiet there is no reason not to :-D lower price = more sales since more people can actually afford them, like me i am getting into building pedals, i don't even feel right charging an insane amount for pedals...... obviosly you raise your price if you are selling more than you can make, but i doubt that's going to be much of a problem for me atm lol

floydmoline
03-22-2008, 12:35 AM
a second thought lol, i do have to give you kudos, while your prices may seem expensive to other folks...... i recently built a cabinet..... i know the price of tolex lol, so i know you are making a profiet..... but you aren't making that much heh, the hardware, tolex, handles add up really quickly

Vintageheadbox
03-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Well Im definately not in this to lose Money thats forsure....lol
And lets not forget Glue electricity, heat, Gas to pick up materials shipping cost and the nickel and dime stuff and the time it takes to build one. oh yeah and the tools and the up keep.. so there is much more iinvolved than just looking at the price and saying "wow
he's ripping people off" Not that you said that, but Im sure some people think that , I know I have in the past...

floydmoline
03-24-2008, 08:04 AM
that was my point exactly, i have dealt recently with the price of speaker cabinet materials, and it adds up fast, the WHOLESALE price of tolex is insane....... 25 dollars a yard wholesale is a WTF moment heh, christ i have a hard time digesting 7 dollars a yard for nagahyde at walmart lol let alone fo' real tolex....... that was a my first reaction at 250$ for a head cab then you break it down, and you are making money that is for sure, but it's not what botique guys are getting for pedals, 30 dollar in materials = 300 dollar sale...... that's just plain stupid

Vintageheadbox
03-24-2008, 09:50 AM
I hear ya .. but you know if there is a demand for the product and people are willing to pay an outragous price.All we can do is move on and shake our heads...Im trying to keep my products competitive. Im a one of kind builder and could easily have my prices higher.
But I want to be fair in my pricing and give forth a Great product..

Jerry