PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good combo amp for METAL!

MetalMac
03-04-2008, 03:46 AM
I just signed up. Saw some youtube vids of some dude smokin up a fuckin' Randall amp and kickin' ass. I thought I'd see if anyone knew where I could get a good combo. I don't have room for a stack anywhere and I just want something to blast some metal with. I was told an Randall RG80ES Combo was good, but I can't find one anywhere.

Keep it Metal!!

:w:

MrSandMan
03-08-2008, 12:53 AM
Yeah man, they are the shit! And loud as fuck!

I'll keep my eye open for you! :w:

senor_penguin
03-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Randall = metal

it's that simple man, good luck finding one :2thumbups:

MetalMac
03-09-2008, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the reply. I just want to make sure that I get a good amp. I've had really bad luck starting out. The first amp I owned was a shitty Fender Bullet 150. That sumbitch is retired. Then, a friend recommended a Line 6 Spider II amp. That thing is terrible. sounds way too digital and you can't get a good tone out of the fucker at all. I tried out a Epiphone valve junior amp and I loved it for classic rock/blues stuff. Sounds great for that. I am just trying to find something I can bust some metal out on and I just have had nothing but bad luck. I don't have a whole lot more than 300 bux to spend although i could probably pull it up in to the 400 range if i had to. Thanks for the help guys and keep it fuckin :w:

MrSandMan
03-09-2008, 03:24 AM
If you get a Randall RG, be sure to get a MT-2 or Guyatone Metal Monster to drive it. :sweet:

here is a sample of the RG100ES with a guyatone metal monster.

you can hear more videos at: Gear-Vault Videos (http://youtube.com/user/GearVault)
ybEssXFNVqM

jackal
03-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Check out the Randall RG100SC series there amazing SS for metal
they have Clean, Overdrive and Distortion.. and Built in Reverb and chorus 75watt i think or 100w.. can't remeber.. Also i noticed that randall came out with a new version of this amp but i cant remember the name, still an RG series though

MetalMac
03-27-2008, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up finding an RG100. 300 bux. Now I have to buy a noisegate :w: