PDA

View Full Version : when not playing you guitar or guitars how do you store them...

Monster
02-27-2008, 11:23 AM
well here is a good question when you are not playing your guitar or guitars how do you store them, do you leave them out on stand, just leaning on a wall or in a case....

for me when ever they are not being used i keep them in a case... keeps dust off them and protects them...

jackal
02-27-2008, 06:25 PM
I was always told to not leave them in the case because it hurts the wood somehow, humidity i think... It might just be for acoustice and semi-hollow's..

I always store them on there wall hooks.

senor_penguin
02-29-2008, 07:02 PM
I want wall hooks... :no:

My epi is on a stand while my peavey is on the wall next to it.

indytruckboy
03-01-2008, 10:20 PM
in the case

torgeot
03-09-2008, 10:13 AM
I have one on a wall hook in my studio, one on a floor stand and the rest in cases. They get alternated on the wall and floor stands so none of them get jealous :lamez:

Monster
03-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I have one on a wall hook in my studio, one on a floor stand and the rest in cases. They get alternated on the wall and floor stands so none of them get jealous :lamez:

so they dont get jealous..... :jumpgrin:

Brian Krashpad
03-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Mine are generally kept cased, with one or two occasionally left out. The ones at the office and a couple at home are cased and set on end, I also have a few cased that are horizontal under my bed, but with those you have to be careful not to stack more than 2 or 3 deep.

floydmoline
03-10-2008, 02:07 PM
leaning on the wall, lying on the floor, sitting in a chair, anywhere its not gonna fall and bust the neck

Monster
03-10-2008, 07:58 PM
leaning on the wall, lying on the floor, sitting in a chair, anywhere its not gonna fall and bust the neck

you brave... i hate having my stuff out and not in cases when not used.. my luck the one time i left one out it woudl end up broken or something...

floydmoline
03-10-2008, 11:17 PM
yeah i'm not brave, i'm stupid and lazy :-D

torgeot
03-11-2008, 12:03 PM
I lent a guitar to a friend, he had it leaning on the wall of his bedroom, it fell..... cracked the headstock almost completely off.

senor_penguin
03-12-2008, 10:45 PM
That is not what friends are for lol

floydmoline
03-13-2008, 07:02 PM
with fiends like that who needs managers, update LOL my dreaded fear arose today, had the LP lying on TOP of my amp/cab...... cat knocked it off......... thankfully nothing broke heh just got a ding in the paint on the headstock........ fuckin cat...... guess i'll be taking better care of my shit now lol that was as close to a heart attack as i want to get

senor_penguin
03-13-2008, 09:08 PM
green tag savings at guitar center - $7 for a stand

do it lol

Monster
03-14-2008, 06:58 AM
green tag savings at guitar center - $7 for a stand

do it lol

thats a great price..... but i don't like guitar stands.... i like cases better..

but for some who don't store in a case a stand is the way to go..

floydmoline
03-14-2008, 07:32 PM
lotsa wood around here

could make a guitar stand, but i'd prolly not use it if i had one lol, i'd prolly use it for a week and get lazy again

characterzero
04-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Guitar stand or guitar case. But for some reason my guitar case (hardshell) smells of cheap glue so I usually keep the guitar on a stand an air freshener in the case.

Monster
04-16-2008, 02:54 PM
lotsa wood around here

could make a guitar stand, but i'd prolly not use it if i had one lol, i'd prolly use it for a week and get lazy again

hahah.... well i say make oen you might end up using it cause you made the stand...

Redline68
04-20-2008, 08:42 PM
I have two on the wall, and the rest in cases. I like to keep some out and handly, but the rest protected and dust free.

ninja636
05-17-2008, 12:39 AM
I know this is an old post, but I leave mine on a stand. I cut the silicone tubing off cause I heard it can ruin a finish, went to Home Depot, and bought some of that black foam stuff you insulate water pipes with, then glued it on where the silicone stuff was.

fireman257
08-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Well all of my babies hang on the wall when not in use that way there faster to grab when I have a playing withdrawl and I have to get a quick fix to make it through the day lol.

indytruckboy
07-12-2009, 09:46 AM
I leave them in the case as I noticed if they sit in a regular stand they get a slight bow if left too long. In a rack stand, they get a slight twist. In the case I say. Stands are for momentary placement. IE; going for a smoke, changing something in the rig, etc.

beartronical
01-16-2013, 02:19 PM
i put them on wall hangers.

MarsVoxhder
02-07-2014, 07:15 PM
I have them hanging on the wall.

glionameghan
02-15-2021, 11:43 PM
1 - Store your guitars in their cases, standing up — not lying down with one case on top of another. When storing several guitars, the cases should look like suits on a rack rather than a giant deck of cards. If standing them up isn’t an option, store your guitars (in their cases) on their sides, with the upper side pointing up.

2 - Keep the string tension on the neck, but loosen the strings one or two half steps. They don’t need regular tension when in storage, but having no string tension at all can lead to neck bowing problems.

3 - If possible, store your guitars in a room or a closet nearer to the center of the building rather than near an outside wall. This helps maintain a constant temperature and is especially helpful if you live in an area that experiences climatic extremes. A case humidifier is a good idea during dry winter months.

4 - Store vibrato-equipped guitars with the arms detached (the lone exception here being Bigsby vibratos, which can be folded back to rest below the top of the bridge, which is the highest point on the guitar).

Bjork
07-27-2021, 05:44 AM
i lay it down on a flat table next to my bed. this way i ensure that no pressure on the guitar hence preserving its setup. its a safe way to store it.