PDA

View Full Version : PRS Mark Tremonti

jackal
02-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Today i went to play a PRS Mark tremonti model, its retails now for about $2200.00.. what a beautiful guitar, a piece of art for sure.. the only thing i found weird about it is i played the SE model right after it and it played just as nice, and its only 500.00.. now i know the differences already before you start telling me im crazy.. but im talking just about the playability..
Tomorrow im going to see if i can trade in my shecter for it... cross my fingures.... i have some nickle gibson pups here waiting for it, that will make it sound much better,.. the pups in it now have to much bass to them..

what do you guys think about the TREMONTI SE?

Monster
02-26-2008, 09:43 AM
i don't know much about this guitar, but let us know how it sounds with them pickups installed.... and maybe some pics......

jackal
02-26-2008, 07:32 PM
I got it!!! Wo0o0o0o...

Ok you guys just have to hear this one... There reason I bought this guitar is because it played amzing, and was in my price range, those are two of the reasons... So i go there today to get this guitar, and I decide not to do a trade in, but instead just to buy it outright.. so the price tag is 490.00... So i get it to the counter and start to go throught the steps a buying it, and the guy says "ok so that will be 525.00 please" and the manager beside him say, "oh no no no, thats not right, let me check the price" so he starts to check the price for it on his comuter and he says "Sorry sir, the guitar is priced wrong...its should be $940.00 not $490.00, it was a misprint" and i was a bit uspet cause i couldn't affored that... then it hit me i said "Hold on... the price tag says 490 and thats what im paying, you have to sell it by the tag, price, so its your problem" anyway lets just say he was real pissy... but i got it for 490.00 and plus a free set up and a free deluxe gig bag... lol Raped!

So my day has been good... real good.

Will have pics soon

Monster
02-26-2008, 07:34 PM
wow congrats.... :2thumbups: and good job holding your stance on them...

MrSandMan
02-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Congrates bro :toast:

I'm glad you got the $500 one. If your fingers like the guitar, then that's what matters. Upgrading the pickups is one of those easy upgrades that will make this "your guitar"

:drink:

jackal
02-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Going to band practice tonight, bring the PRS Tremonti with me, well see how it sounds with my boogie... and the rest of the band

Can't wait

V-Type
02-28-2008, 04:20 AM
I do like a lot of the PRS USA's and Imports Ive tried. I can never afford the USA's so the only option was the SE for me. I lucked out and found a First year Santana Se for $250 locally.
Kinda plain looking but once setup plays like butter and has a crazy fast yet substantial neck. The pickups were really good and some of the best stockers on a low $$$ import Ive tried.
I had a Gibson 498/490 set that was originally for my Epi LPC and threw them in the Santana and Holy S#$T does this pair sound like a big brother PRS. The stock electronics were of better quality and the control cavity was completely shielded.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4875/1498586499b73cf6f7d8cl8.jpg

jackal
02-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Well p played my new PRS at jam last night, and it was amazing... great sounding.. and played really well... still needs a setup because i play in Drop C tuning , and it was set up for standard... but i'll set that up this week, after i put those gibson pickups in..

So all in all i rate it a 9 out of ten... i looses the one point, for a little bit of noise from the pickups when not playing, and no tap coil.. other then that its perfect for me..

senor_penguin
02-29-2008, 05:33 PM
PRS SE's are amazing guitars, just plain amazing. The top-quality necks and a great price. The tremonti is amazing, I never played the silver ones but the black looks and plays o' so nice :winkx:

Monster
02-29-2008, 05:34 PM
I do like a lot of the PRS USA's and Imports Ive tried. I can never afford the USA's so the only option was the SE for me. I lucked out and found a First year Santana Se for $250 locally.
Kinda plain looking but once setup plays like butter and has a crazy fast yet substantial neck. The pickups were really good and some of the best stockers on a low $$$ import Ive tried.
I had a Gibson 498/490 set that was originally for my Epi LPC and threw them in the Santana and Holy S#$T does this pair sound like a big brother PRS. The stock electronics were of better quality and the control cavity was completely shielded.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4875/1498586499b73cf6f7d8cl8.jpg

sweet looking guitar bet it plays nice a smooth... thanks for the share..

jackal
03-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Ok guys i finally got some pics sorry it took so long... I couldn't get the image link to work properly so you'll have to click the link instead sorry.......

http://www.angelfire.com/myband/oftheReknown/images/DSC00031.JPG

http://www.angelfire.com/myband/oftheReknown/images/DSC00039.JPG

floydmoline
03-12-2008, 02:38 PM
i kinda dig PRS guitars, i don't much care for the tremonti LP body type ones (the look of them) but the santana models are perty, only 2 other guitars i can think of other than epi/gibson guitars i could play and call a main guitar.... PRS double cut guitars, and ibanez SZ's i played with an SZxxx once, it was a nice guitar, needed a decent pick-up in it, but i coulda smacked they guy when he got rid of it for a schecter tempest...... /sigh

senor_penguin
03-12-2008, 05:29 PM
^ I personally think the single cuts look better than the double cuts, but I love single cuts

jackal
03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
ohghh i forgot those pics are in order, the first one is the before and the second one is the after..

Monster
03-13-2008, 08:08 AM
nice pictures and guitar........ thanks for sharing the photos

jackal
03-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanx... and no prob.. i love seeing and posting pics of gear..

Monster
03-21-2008, 11:24 AM
:w: i love seeing other folks guitars... cause then it makes me go tinker with mine to try to make it better.... :jumpgrin:

jackal
04-05-2008, 02:47 AM
lol me too, i saw a black LP with crome Pups and thats what made me want to upgrade my Tremonti PRS