PDA

View Full Version : Bugera Amps

jackal
02-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Alright, i usally ive some info about the amps then give you the link to read more yourself, but to be honest i know nothing about these amps, nor have i read any reviews so your on your own this time guys, sorry.. but from what they say on the site, they boast to be a great hard rock/metal amp... check it out, and give me your input please

http://www.bugera-amps.com

Monster
02-26-2008, 09:42 AM
thanks for the info will look into these amps a bit more.. :w:

Monster Factory
02-26-2008, 10:23 AM
I won't be able to qualify these statements until I can rip these things apart and spread their guts all over my bench (it is a Monster Factory, you know), but here's what I 'think' I'm able to decypher from their spec sheets:

The 333 and 333XL seem to be knock-offs of the Marshall JCM2000 amps, in particular the DSL. The 333 is a 6L6 version and the 333XL is an EL34 version.

The 6260/6262 is a not-so-veiled knock-off of the Peavey 5150/5150II.

Bugera is part of Beringer, who have been known to "study" other products close enough to get sued over it. Close studying is about all we have with regard to tube technology, though. The triode celebrated its 100th anniversary last year. Jim Marshall said it best, "There is nothing new under the sun (with respect to tubes). It has all been done before." And it has.

senor_penguin
02-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Man, I am hoping to try one really soon to see what they sound like.

Monster Factory
02-27-2008, 06:36 PM
At those prices, I don't see how you could go wrong. I'm reading a bunch of negative crap about them, but it's all from people who've never tried one to start with. What a waste of words.

It's not going to be a high end Engl or Bogner, but it doesn't have to be. It just has to sound better than those amps we already know that sound bad, but sell for twice the price.

I have no problem with Behringer gear at all. I own some and have used other stuff and I have no complaints. I also wouldn't blink twice at shelling out some corn for a head and cab. Besides, if you get one and it really stinks (I doubt it), send it to me and I'll run it through the MONSTER-izer. The machine that cures all amp ills. :bringit:

MrSandMan
02-27-2008, 06:52 PM
At those prices, I don't see how you could go wrong. I'm reading a bunch of negative crap about them, but it's all from people who've never tried one to start with. What a waste of words.

It's not going to be a high end Engl or Bogner, but it doesn't have to be. It just has to sound better than those amps we already know that sound bad, but sell for twice the price.

I have no problem with Behringer gear at all. I own some and have used other stuff and I have no complaints. I also wouldn't blink twice at shelling out some corn for a head and cab. Besides, if you get one and it really stinks (I doubt it), send it to me and I'll run it through the MONSTER-izer. The machine that cures all amp ills. :bringit:

haha, that's cool man! You mod amps too :love:

This might sound odd to some, but the PV XXX is my top 5 favorite amp. Which is reviewed in negative ways by so many. There are small tricks to the XXX to make it sound better. It all starts with the tubes right through the speakers. I am not fond of the trebly Sheffields at all... It's a great match with a Mesa Boogie Recto cab with V30s. Swap out the 12ax7 in the V2 with a 12at7 to cut back on that gain... and you got a beast. Oh, after one learns how to opperate the active eq of course.

Not sure why I am rambling...lol. I guess because these amps are PV 5150 clones and I love PV xXx??? :confused:

Anyhow, yeah these look like the could be a nice amp for the money. Perhaps they might need some 'personal' touch... but with that, could be great.

Sorry for the ramble. :biggrin:

indytruckboy
03-01-2008, 09:57 PM
They made copies of Boss pedals, too............

.......for cheap.....................

.........and they turned out to be crap. Just saying.
Peaveys are cheap enough a cannot be killed. I'll stick with them.

indytruckboy
03-01-2008, 10:17 PM
And the 333 series is supposed to be a XXX/JSX copy. They are going after Peavey's nitch.

MrSandMan
03-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Probably less reliable as peavey tho

senor_penguin
03-01-2008, 10:45 PM
well, it's behringer so yeah, I don't think they're very sturdy

indytruckboy
03-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Still, I wouldn't mind trying one.

senor_penguin
03-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh, no doubt, especially with this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhN6iLMtm74

floydmoline
03-02-2008, 11:08 PM
i have had quite a few behringer products (the G-100 direct box, a Eurodesk mixer, a 1X15 speaker cabinet (bugera), a tube composer) and i have no complaints, i hear lots bad stuff about their pedals, but imho boss pedals suck, sure they are indestructible, but they sound like shit.... i bought a peavey windsor when all the reviews said they suck, but i think they are amazing once you get comfortable with them, long story short self-proclaimed "tonemeisters" more oten than not are brand-meisters, they read more into a company logo than an actual product, or brand a company as junk from one product....... some of the best companies in the world produce junk, and don't get a bad rap, marshall and gibson are 2 shining examples, marshall make some really shitty amps, "mode 4" "TSL" the MG series, but one or maybe two models save them from a bad rep, and i have yet to find a modern gibson that isn't a prettier epiphone....... all of the modern gibsons i have played sound and play like anyother epiphone i have played, the only difference i can see or hear is gibsons are finished better, to me it appears they all come from the same lines in the factory, and quality control sticks the "sub-par" looking gibsons in the epiphone pile heh......

jackal
03-11-2008, 02:46 PM
That youtube clip sound pretty damn good to me.... i found the heavey disortion at the end not really up to par for me, but other then that the ceans and overdrive's sound really good

indytruckboy
03-22-2008, 06:33 AM
i have had quite a few behringer products (the G-100 direct box, a Eurodesk mixer, a 1X15 speaker cabinet (bugera), a tube composer) and i have no complaints, i hear lots bad stuff about their pedals, but imho boss pedals suck, sure they are indestructible, but they sound like shit.... i bought a peavey windsor when all the reviews said they suck, but i think they are amazing once you get comfortable with them, long story short self-proclaimed "tonemeisters" more oten than not are brand-meisters, they read more into a company logo than an actual product, or brand a company as junk from one product....... some of the best companies in the world produce junk, and don't get a bad rap, marshall and gibson are 2 shining examples, marshall make some really shitty amps, "mode 4" "TSL" the MG series, but one or maybe two models save them from a bad rep, and i have yet to find a modern gibson that isn't a prettier epiphone....... all of the modern gibsons i have played sound and play like anyother epiphone i have played, the only difference i can see or hear is gibsons are finished better, to me it appears they all come from the same lines in the factory, and quality control sticks the "sub-par" looking gibsons in the epiphone pile heh......
Their recording/rack stuff is ok. EVERYTHING ELSE they make I have seen die while still fairly new. From 10buck items to $400 items(which is a lot of money for a Behringer item). If it smells like crap, and sounds like crap. I HAVE TO CALL IT CRAP. No hard feelings. Behringer is actually chinese for CRAP.

tidwop
03-22-2008, 08:18 AM
Oh, no doubt, especially with this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhN6iLMtm74

its a trick, hes using his v3..........lol

floydmoline
03-23-2008, 02:57 AM
so far as i can tell, bugera is a seperate company, they just being distributed by behringer

tidwop
04-04-2008, 11:21 PM
its like blackheart being distrubuted by crate, its all the same, iam very intrestead in those 6202 or what ever its called, i heard there super sturdy and built like a brick. i think we might have a weinner

Hoosierdaddy
05-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but those of you considering these amps should check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlO2SmhP6Sg

The audio is just a little but noisy on the high gain settings, but that's likely because he recorded this from the effects loop out straight into a computer recording interface. Also, he has replaced the tubes in his amp with Eurotubes. But he commented that the amp still sounded killer even before the tube replacement.

The only thing the jury is out on here is reliability. There's a lot of negativity about them over on the Harmony Central forums...like that's anything new. That place is The Death Star of negativity. But so far most of the people bitching about 'em seem to fall into one of two categories.

A. I have a negative opinion to offer even though I've never played through one (this is the most common by far).

B. They are on repair benches in record numbers all over the free world even though I cannot give you the name/number of any repair shops to verify this with.

So basically, we're still waiting to hear from end users as to how these sound and whether or not they are reliable.

Brian Krashpad
05-31-2008, 01:20 PM
B. They are on repair benches in record numbers all over the free world even though I cannot give you the name/number of any repair shops to verify this with.

Uh, names and numbers? I don't have an opinion on these amps one way or another, but since when did H-C reviews require footnotes?

MrSandMan
05-31-2008, 03:18 PM
I've saw ads from guys selling their 5150 after buying the Bugera 6260. I have read their quality isn't nearly as good as Peavey though.

ninja636
05-31-2008, 10:23 PM
I know a guy in Birmingham with a 333XL, it sounds pretty good, but the Bugera cab sux, he plugged the head into a Marshall 1960 cab, and the sound floored me. Maybe after they've been out a couple of years and the price jumps up over a grand per head/combo they'll get their due.

indytruckboy
06-21-2008, 08:47 AM
I've saw ads from guys selling their 5150 after buying the Bugera 6260. I have read their quality isn't nearly as good as Peavey though.
Sounds like I can pick up more 5150s! I am up to 3. You can keep your "Buger" amps. Send me your 5150s. I have cash!

sagebrother
07-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I've had Behringer gear for years. I'm using a LX1200H V-Ampire and a V-amp Pro, Eurorack MX2004A, and their Reference amp 500A. I've had no problems with this stuff.. In fact the LX1200 I got at Musicians Friend from their does not work pile at their clearance center. Not a thing wrong with it 90 bucks... the other guitarist in my band got a LX210 from the pile too.. didn't work.. went back got another bad one and put the two together. 60 bucks total. Behringer is just like any other company... You have to try it. all companies can make bad stuff.

ninja636
08-05-2008, 08:53 PM
OK, sorry to re-revive this thread, but I'm getting a 333xl in a couple of months. Some of you guys know I had some gear stolen from me and the insurance company ripped me a new one. I've made a couple of posts about amps I was interested in, but with the economy the way it is, I'll have to save up for at least a year or two to get a "high end' amp. I've played through the 333xl both at a friends house, and at the GC in Birminham and Atlanta, all through diffrent cabs, and beside different amps. The 333xl sounds similar(voiced like?) a Mesa Recto, and PVxXx, but doesn't sound EXACTLY like either one. So why is everyone saying "The Bugera is a CLONE of brand X"? Why isn't it just an amp thats VOICED like brand x, like the PVxXx is VOICED like a Mesa? Oh, and by the way , my friend in Birmingham gigs with his, and he say's it was the best money he's EVER spent on an amp, period. He still wants a JCM800 Kerry King sig model, but says he's gonna keep his Bugera.

Edit: BTW, I'll be getting a Lopo Line 4x12 cab, and am loading it with Eminence Swamp Thang's. :w: