PDA

View Full Version : VHT Deliverence for $1100. Yay or Nay.

V-Type
02-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Well a guy locally is selling a bunch of cool heads for $1100 and they are all in VG to Excellent condition looks wise.
Of the Orange,Engl,Mesa's he has. He also has a New VHT Deliverence.
I havent tried one but am pretty Gassed on buying it regardless and giving her a go. Im just a guitar hobbiest but havent had a killer amp since the 90's and my Silver Jubilee 50/100 and JCM 800.
I play mostly covers and in the vein of 80's-90's Metal/Hard Rock btw.
So those that have experience with the VHT please share your experiences.

MrSandMan
02-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I never played VHT but read what people write,. They sound like a good deal at $1100. Is this new?

VHT are a compressed sounding amp, right?

V-Type
02-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Yeah its looks like its near mint and the owner has a head and cab collection that never leaves his home. I actually found this on the Detroit Craigslist. The Mesa Stilletto he has is quite intriguing but I figure if the VHT isnt for me I can unload it for what I put into it no problem. My Laney GH 50L is a great amp and my POD Xt covers anything else I want too do. But I figure with this Fed income check $1500 is earmarked for a above average amp and other stuff for daddy.
Compressed you say. Ive also heard from HCAF "dry" as well.
Regardless Im gonna at least go try her Sunday afternoon then see what happens. Plus the guy has about 25 other amps to check out and all in his non GC enviroment home.

V-Type
02-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Well this guy must not want the $$$$. He's broken two days of meeting so far. :confused:
Oh well I may go plan B and buy some new speakers and other low $$$ amp or two. Im wanting another Ultra + and a try a Protube or Butcher.

MrSandMan
02-28-2008, 05:23 PM
That sucks. Sounded like a good price too.