PDA

View Full Version : line 6

flyguitars
01-05-2008, 06:51 PM
What do you think about Line 6 modelling effects?

I've only had a 1/2 hour session, on my friends amp, with all the fx built in. I didn't like it - just didn't sound right, though I can't really describe how. Perhaps it was all too indistinct...

Anyway, I dismissed it, not for me, but so many people rave about them, I wonder whether I was too quick to judge.

Anyone here love or loathe line 6 stuff?

MrSandMan
01-06-2008, 12:27 AM
What do you think about Line 6 modelling effects?

I've only had a 1/2 hour session, on my friends amp, with all the fx built in. I didn't like it - just didn't sound right, though I can't really describe how. Perhaps it was all too indistinct...

Anyway, I dismissed it, not for me, but so many people rave about them, I wonder whether I was too quick to judge.

Anyone here love or loathe line 6 stuff?

I've owned some good Line 6 stuff. HD147 was a great amp.. but very expensive. If you're a tube snob, you wont like line 6. However, it's about the bundle of having all the tones, effects, programmed right into your system. Quick and easy for gigs and a breeze for recording.

If it's compared to a Tube amp, one will be greatly disappointed. All in all, I think everyone should atleast have a POD.

Monster
02-29-2008, 10:24 AM
i have a line 6 amp and there effects are ok not great though.. the only one i find sounding good was the metal sound thats all..

indytruckboy
03-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Just got a FM4 today :w:. I would never use it with the band but man is it fun to dick around with.

characterzero
04-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Their pedals and stuff are cool, but I'm not a fan of their amps on-board effects. Especially Spiders' distortion :tongue:. But having the tap tempo button is nice for the delay, which is the best effect in those amps.