PDA

View Full Version : My friends Caparison...

Jerm__
01-03-2008, 08:20 PM
My friend ordered a Caparison on ebay not long ago, he should get it at the latest next wednesday. Im pretty stoked about it because he's my co-guitarist and he's been using shit BC riches...well thats going to change haha.

Its the Horus Thunder Cloud/BL. I'll give a review after i play it...which will hopefully be the day he gets it because he wants me to help him set it up and whatnot....

Until then....comments :hbang: :shred:

MrSandMan
01-04-2008, 01:38 AM
found their page. http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-07product/e07horus.html

Looks like it might be a cool guitar. Love the color.

flyguitars
01-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Interesting guitar... and new to me.

No volume or tone controls? or are they on the back ;D I know lots of people like everything on full, but I really like the contrast of a mellow tone 0 neck, switching to a piercing tone 10 bridge

The body shape doesn't blow me away - but there are some cool features... The slanted oval inlays are a nice touch, sort of reminds me of some early Epiphones (but slanted) - and having them under the high E string right up the body end must be useful. Has that been done before?

Headstock shape is pretty special too - good for bayonetting anyone that gets too close >:D

Jerm__
01-04-2008, 02:25 PM
^Im surprised you guys havn't heard of these guitars. They're supposed to be amazing. The guys from Evergrey, The Haunted, one guys in The Absence, Chris from Arch Enemy and a few others that i can't think of right now.

The way the knob works is its a volume knob and if you tap it it changes pickup.

The slanted ovals are actually clocks, if you get a larger image you can see that the time is the fret number, which is a pretty sweet feature.

MrSandMan
01-04-2008, 03:43 PM
That's neat. Just tap on the pickups to change position. Clever! Why didn't anyone else think of that? :hbang:

Do you have actual pictures Jerm?

jackal
02-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Caparison guitars are amazing.. I played the new one just out,, "the Orbit" 27 fret guitar. lol it was cool, the are a great made guitar too, i would like to play more of them, they are becoming the new ESP.. very popular in metal

MrSandMan
02-09-2008, 02:33 AM
Caparison guitars are amazing.. I played the new one just out,, "the Orbit" 27 fret guitar. lol it was cool, the are a great made guitar too, i would like to play more of them, they are becoming the new ESP.. very popular in metal

Is that a type-o?? 27 Frets??FRETS

indytruckboy
02-09-2008, 10:39 AM
no 27. which is once again. Obnoxious! "Let's see who's got the bigger weenie." I barely need 24. In fact, now that I think about it. I don't ever go down there. The gap between the frets can't even be big enough to fret. I say ::) ::) ::)

ww12
02-10-2008, 12:06 AM
So with 27 frets, is it easier to reach the 22nd fret? ::)

jackal
02-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Yes I said 27 Frets, no type-o... and no its not the bigger winnie syndrome.. its for playablity.. it makes the 22 to 24 frets as easy to reach as the 15 to 17th fret of a normal guitar.... camparison guitars are designed by the original desinger from jackson/charvel

NECK
Neck Material: Hard Maple
Neck Grip: Caparison
Fingerboard Material: Ebony
Neck Scale: 648mm (25 1/2 inch.)
Nut Width: 42mm
No. of Frets: 27 Frets
Frets: Jumbo
Nut: Schaller R2, 42mm

wish i had a bigger one but this is the "ORBIT"

http://www.angelfire.com/myband/oftheReknown/images/orbit_20prowhite.jpg

Jerm__
02-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Alright sorry dudes im a little late but anyways...

I helped him set it up a few weeks ago and its amazing. Beautiful neck and body finish. The pickups sound great and the overall quality is really good.

The frets beyond 24 are a little hard to reach so you wouldn't use them to shred with.

MrSandMan
02-12-2008, 12:17 AM
That's alot of frets, I think I'd get lost playing it. But it really does look sweet,

Jerm__
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
^ haha nah, you can't get lost playing the guitar, you don't really look at those high frets that much.

senor_penguin
02-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Man, I love caparisions, if I ever get a big time band, I'm buying a caparision

Jerm__
02-21-2008, 07:25 PM
^they're not that expensive though man. You could find some on ebay for like $1300.

Sure its not cheap but instead of buying shit gear, get a Cap and you'll turn heads haha

jackal
02-21-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm not a fan of the spounge looking paintjobs, acctually i think there gross , they look like my grandmas reck room wall...
but i do like the solid color and everything else about them