PDA

View Full Version : [POLL] Favorite *BRAND* of electric guitar?

jag_baby_83
12-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Thought this would be a fun poll. What is YOUR favorite guitar? And why?

S.

Huey
12-27-2007, 03:46 PM
My favorite is the Fender Strat. The all american classic guitar!

Fender_man
12-27-2007, 06:36 PM
<------ Fender !

Give me a telecaster and a Fender amp and I'll play till it bleeds.

Great Site by the way!

flyguitars
01-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Gibson all the way.

I prefer set necks to bolt-on and mahogany to all the others

The only thing wrong with Gibsons is that they snap if you look at them! ;)

Fenders are nice to play, but they are just too usual looking. I do like the Coronados (their most Gibsony effort), the competition mustang and the thinline tele

I also have soft spots for Guild, Vox, Hagstrom, Ovation (electrics)

MrSandMan
01-03-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm going to say Agile. They are a small mom and pop company and build nice quality. And their prices are unbeatable. :cool2:

Pentatonic5
01-12-2008, 06:10 PM
My favorite is the Fender Strat. The all american classic guitar!

love that one too, but still can't afford to buy it.
i'm currently using Ibanez Gio for years but found its sound is not thick enough especially for Dio sound.
planning to buy lower grade Fender Squier M-80 special bolt on.

flyguitars
01-13-2008, 08:41 PM
i'm currently using Ibanez Gio for years but found its sound is not thick enough especially for Dio sound.
planning to buy lower grade Fender Squier M-80 special bolt on.

Have you tried using a thicker gauge string. Or A different brand, or material.... The string itself has a major impact on the sound - fiddly light strings are comfortable to play, but will sound weak too. Obviously too thick, and your fingers will hurt - but if you are serious it is worth using the thickest ones you can. Your tone will only improve!

MrSandMan
01-14-2008, 07:06 PM
I use 10's and thinking about moving up to 11's :idea:

jackal
02-10-2008, 03:23 AM
if you want think strings go out and get the new Zakk Wylde signature strings there crazy big, oh yeah and while your picking up those, as for a new Nut, that will fit them..

MrSandMan
02-12-2008, 12:15 AM
I'd like to vote again on Dean- :P

Monster
02-15-2008, 11:22 AM
well i love a few Jackson guitars, EVH, and Ibanez or my favs..

to the one with the ibanez gio try a different brand string.. i use DR strings 9 and get a nice think sound.. also try messing with the knobs on the amp also.. but i have tried 9s in many brands and they all sound different some thin some think.. just try different brands of strings....

senor_penguin
02-17-2008, 01:47 PM
PRS, no matter what model I play, custom or SE, it feels amazing. PRS simply have the best necks known to man. It's a scientific fact. They've done studies..

jackal
02-17-2008, 01:54 PM
PRS do makes amazing necks... i do have to agree, but they come with a price that offsets there overall attraction