PDA

View Full Version : Randall RG100HT

jackal
02-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Hey Charlie, I heard you had some previous experience with these. Could you give me the low down on the RG100HT, some pros and cons. I know its the rackmount and the same as the ES just without the reverb and enclosure.

I found one without a footswitch for 100$ and bought it, I pick it up tomorrow, is that a ok deal?

thanks

jackal
02-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Got it home today, sounds great, lots of pick attack, took it apart to clean it and noticed it have a reverb tank under the amp PCB so i guess its the same as the ES after all just a smaller package. I gave it a clean boost and it just shreds it up

MrSandMan
02-02-2010, 09:03 PM
I never had the HT but from what I understand it's just a rackmount ES. You'll want to boost it.

The pedal is price is a bit expensive but they are hard to find. I've bought a few online for around $35, but that was like 2 years ago. So they are probably getting harder and harder to find.

What did you boost it with? I liked to boost mine with a Bad Monkey on the dirty channel. I miss my RG100. Great amps.

jackal
02-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Im using the Boss MT-2 right now with the gain at 0 everything else and 0 and the level almost all the way up, gets me where i need to be, my friend like it to but he turns the mt-2 gain up to three for some edge.

I ordered the 6 pin clinch plug and going to build my own foot switch :)

MrSandMan
02-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Oh yeah, I used the MT-2 with mine also. That pedal sounds great with the Randall RG100, nice and thick sounding.