PDA

View Full Version : A song by one of my side bands

Brian Krashpad
12-23-2009, 07:14 AM
I play in several different bands, all doing originals almost exclusively.

I've already posted a song from my main band, Crash Pad, in another thread.

This is from a side band, Hoyt & the HotHeads. The HotHeads do roots rock originals written and sung by my friend and coworker Hoyt. This was recorded when our bassist was in hospital, so I play both lead guitar and bass guitar. Scroll down and click the download button:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/avoj8y

Have fun. Comments and criticisms always welcome! They is what they is.

;)

Merry Christmas!

MrSandMan
12-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Nice Brian. It's more mellow than I thought. Sounds like you're having fun. How did you guys record it?

Brian Krashpad
12-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks, yes, it is one of the HotHeads' mellowest songs. It was recorded at a local home studio that had a few rooms devoted to being a studio, one a control room, another essentially used as a vocal/drums booth, and a bigger room where the amps were put.

The bass was probably recorded direct to the board, it was 4 or 5 years ago, so I can't be sure but it was probably my MIJ Squier P-bass. The lead was a mic'd amp, probably my '66 Fender Super Reverb's top half (2x10 rather than 4x10). Guitar for lead was my LP Studio Doublecut, using the neck pickup. Not sure what guitar Hoyt played, probably either his Ric 620 or a Tele. His amp was probably a Sovtek Mig50 with a matching 2x12 vert cab, I believe that's what he was playing through back then (he has since switched to exclusively using an old 1960's Ampeg Gemini II 1x15 combo).

jackal
01-05-2010, 09:16 PM
I like it, reminds me of a black crowes song a bit at times, but in a good way!!

MrSandMan
04-16-2010, 03:11 PM
I like it, reminds me of a black crowes song a bit at times, but in a good way!!

Indeed that's a good thing. Black Crows are awesome. Love their music

Brian Krashpad
04-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Aww, thanks, I like the Black Crowes! I need to make an effort to update myself on their music though. I have their first album and nothing since.

All too typical of me.

Brian Krashpad
04-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Btw I just tried to check the link in the OP above, and sendspace said the file was deleted.

Have re-uploaded here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wjf673

If anyone has any problems with that'un, let me know.