PDA

View Full Version : Who's getting gear for Christmas?

MrSandMan
12-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Any gear for xmas? Are you giving gear for xmas?

I'm thinking about buying a Tascam recorder for my xmas and tell my daughter it's to me from her. lol.

She's getting a Nintendo DS thing. What's with kids now days? I got Peavey T-15 electric guitar w/ the amp built into the hardcase for my 11th Christmas (I think i was 11). Wish I still had that guitar, it was dark brown with light metallic sparkle in the finish and a cream pickguard. That guitar was really cool.

Brian Krashpad
12-14-2009, 03:08 PM
I got some guitar cables from my folks. However, basically everything I buy during the course of a year I consider a gift from my wife, so she doesn't have to get anything for me.

This year, I bought 3 basses (Peavey Fury I, Epi Thunderbird, Peavey T-40), one electric (Retro-H 12-string), one acoustic-electric (Esteban), and an electric-acoustic mandolin. I also bought a Fender Super Champ XD amp. However, I also sold 2 electrics (Retro-H, and a P-90 Partscaster), 2 mixers, and have 2 more small amps on consignment. And I returned a mandolin I'd been borrowing from my dad for several years. Been a much busier year than I expected it would.

MrSandMan
12-15-2009, 12:52 PM
That's a good way to do it, Brian. My wife and I really don't exchange big/expensive gifts we just go buy what we want. I told her I wanted to revamp Gear-Monkey to better software that has more user friendly options... so we all win here. :D

But for musical equipment, I've been eying those Tascam recorders. I thought it'd be nice (and easy to use) for recording riffs on. It'll keep me involved since I'm not in a band.

I am also thinking about getting a bass guitar. In my area guitarists are a dime-per-dozen, but bassists are rare. (so are drummers) but I'm thinking bass would be fun.

Brian Krashpad
12-16-2009, 04:07 PM
I am also thinking about getting a bass guitar. In my area guitarists are a dime-per-dozen, but bassists are rare. (so are drummers) but I'm thinking bass would be fun.

Do that! Bass is really fun to play, and if you can "market" yourself as a "utility infielder" who can play guitar and/or bass, the possibilities of playing with others definitely increase. For like reasons I decided to start playing more mandolin this year. That may've got me into a new band (Cinnamon Hill), we'll see (2 practices so far). Also, they like that I can also play electric guitar or 12-string.

R.B. Huckleberry
12-20-2009, 12:20 AM
I have the Fender Champion 600 amp & the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet on my list. We'll just have to see if I get them. I kind of doubt it.

Brian Krashpad
12-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Just ordered an intellitouch tuner for my mandolin after going to a band practice with the acoustic band and seeing everyone using them. They clip on the headstock and tune to vibrations so they can be used in a noisy environment. Went to a show Friday and saw more acoustic players using them as well. They look pretty cool. Under $40 shipped.