I LOOOOVE PHRASINGGGGG

I have to do it in Jazz band.

I live for it, lol

Kurtastrophe.
08-21-2009, 08:26 PM
What is your favorite tune to jam along with? :sweet:

snl
09-23-2009, 09:17 AM
jazz is really outta my head....... im tryin to learn jazz but dunno where to start from..... any suggestions.....???

Kurtastrophe.
09-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Wes Montgomery is a nice place to start :winkx:

shredz4life
12-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Do all the time. I write a song like everyday with lots of gooey guitar solos, so I improvising is kind of how I figure out what I want to do. Sometimes I just hit record and jam though and that will turn out to be my best work.

MrSandMan
12-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Do all the time. I write a song like everyday with lots of gooey guitar solos, so I improvising is kind of how I figure out what I want to do. Sometimes I just hit record and jam though and that will turn out to be my best work.

Same here. I discover some cool stuff by just jammin' out from the heart, mind and soul to the finger tips.

vito1
02-05-2010, 05:44 PM
I do that, then it hits me ... OMG, Did I get a recording of that? It was so good! What the heck did I just play? hehe

MrSandMan
03-31-2010, 03:52 PM
haha exactly. I was just jamming the other day and came up with this riff that would probably make even Jimi hendrix blush. I didn't record it and I don't remember what I did. dammit :datz:

smorgdonkey
04-17-2010, 01:16 AM
I love to improvise but I am terrible at it. I have been successful in certain situations when improvising but I find it too difficult to know where I am supposed to be when another guitar player is playing riffs or chords. I don't have natural musical ability so everything has to be worked way too hard to attain.